E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 320d Auto first gear change problem

09-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Nickhub
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

320d Auto first gear change problem

Has anyone experienced any problems with the automatic gearbox on the 320d ?. I have an intermittent problem that when I pull away sometimes the car does not engage immediately and then really snatches into first gear. It also does this sometimes when changing down into first. All other changes are smooth.

Its due at the dealers on Friday for them to take a look, anyone any ideas what it is likely to be ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #2
AlanIOW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport Convertible

I had this once a few weeks ago, I thought it was a slippery patch on the road and it was wheel slip followed by the traction control kicking in, although the dash light did not come on.

What did the dealer say?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Nickhub
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanIOW View Post
I had this once a few weeks ago, I thought it was a slippery patch on the road and it was wheel slip followed by the traction control kicking in, although the dash light did not come on.

What did the dealer say?
The car is still at the dealers for a few other minor things, but when I called in on Friday to swap my loan car the service manager told me that the technical manager test drove my car, and he also experienced the fault. They have now reprogrammed the automatic transmission after contacting BMW who are aware of this issue.

I am due to collect the car on Monday so I will have to wait and see if its fixed....
Appreciate 0