E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Where is my 335i???

09-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
Agent007
Private
Rep
Drives: xdrive40i X5

Where is my 335i? - Updated question

I put in the order the day lease rates came out (end of July / Early August). According to Owners Circle my car is still "on order" and according to BMW NA's 1800 number my car is "scheduled for production with no definitive production date."

Am I getting hosed here? What the hell is going on? See picture below (taken tonight: 9-16-06).
Attached Images

Last edited by Agent007; 09-18-2006 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
According to the brochure, Montego had a delayed production of September which may have impacted your production date. I ordered my Monaco 9/4 and it has a production completion date of 9/21.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Agent007
Private
Rep

T-

Hadn't seen that. Thanks. I thought it was only the Red that was delayed...

I want my car!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Barry626
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coming: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taittinger
According to the brochure, Montego had a delayed production of September which may have impacted your production date. I ordered my Monaco 9/4 and it has a production completion date of 9/21.
I ordered Montego on 8/30 & My car is on the Vessel to me now.
I will have it in 19 days. 15 days on Vessel & 4 days to Dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Agent007
Private
Rep

Barry - Did it have NAV? I just don't understand why NAV + Montego is delayed. I know that montego cars are out there. I know NAV cars are out there. Why isn't mine?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Call the 800 number and speak to a Customer Service rep. The will have more acurate into then BMW Owners Circle and teh automated response on the 800 number.

Ed
      09-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
Agent007
Private
Rep

Confirmed that it is still "On Order" which is what Owner's Circle says. I emailed my CA to find out what is happening, but at this point I'm pretty unhappy that many others are getting their cars before me.

Does this sound like a problem with my CA?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
Agent007
Private
Rep

Where is my 335i- UPDATED

Hi Neel,
I found out my manager had your car in the wrong status so I had him change it so over the next few days it should move back to the proper status and they will get cracking on it, initially these coupes with nav were supposed to be delayed but they worked it all out and I am still looking at the end of October time frame give or take .

-Neel's BMW CA-

Does this warrant some sort of negotiation if it doesn't arrive by the end of October? My car has been on the wrong status for about 1.5 months now and though it was intially delayed because of Nav, if it hadn't been on the wrong status for the last few weeks it may have come earlier??
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
Agent007
Private
Rep

Still wanting to know what you all think - the CA claims it will be here in 6 weeks when it hasn't even been scheduled for production as far as I can tell. Is he getting over on me?

What to do?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #10
X E I O
No more Japanese cars.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 2008 550i

I've been reading alot of posts here of people placing orders in July and August and still having their cars "On-Order".

Here are the facts on my car:
08-11-06 : Dealer Order Placed in person
(Dealer gave verbal est: 6 - 8 weeks)
08-16-06 : Production # given.
09-01-06 : Transport booked
09-10-06 : Transport loaded
09-11-06 : Transport departed
(Dealer gave verbal est: 2.5 weeks)
09-24-06 : Transport slated to arrive
09-28-06 : 335i coupe delivery to me : )

Ordered:
Black saphire : grey popular : black leather
Cold, Premium w/ NAV, Sport Auto w/ Paddles w/ Active steering
msrp: 50,695
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #11
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007
Still wanting to know what you all think - the CA claims it will be here in 6 weeks when it hasn't even been scheduled for production as far as I can tell. Is he getting over on me?

What to do?
I would call the 800 number and talk to BMWNA directly. They generally will not give you the run around like a CA will. I called them and they were more then happy to give me the status and said I could call every day and and ask them what the status is.

Ed
      09-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #12
Agent007
Private
Rep

I did call (before i talked to him). and they said the same thing "On Order". I asked why it was taking so long and they said to talk to the CA. So that is when i emailed him and got the run-around about production status numbers. I don't know if its true or if he just has a very small allocation and is bs'ing me...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #13
rfj3288
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007
I did call (before i talked to him). and they said the same thing "On Order". I asked why it was taking so long and they said to talk to the CA. So that is when i emailed him and got the run-around about production status numbers. I don't know if its true or if he just has a very small allocation and is bs'ing me...

man, that's truly unacceptable. you should definetly tell the dealer you want additional discount or you walk. besides, you can get back your deposit and order from another dealer and the car might come at the same time as your original order. you have negotiation pull.., make good use of it!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #14
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

hmm, wow, i've seen this thread for quite a while now, and you still don't know whats going on? definatly go to your dealer and ask for some additional discounts.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #15
Agent007
Private
Rep

Email sent to CA and his manager.

<CA NAme>

My car stills shows up as "On Order" on BMW Owner's Circle and by using the 1-800 number. At this point, I am beginning to get disappointed in the service I have received. I was extremely optimistic about BMW dealerships as a whole and your specific dealership after our conversations in late July, but unfortunately that opinion is beginning to change.

Obviously the delays for navigation, etc. were unavoidable and I understand that, but without a production date even scheduled yet, I cannot fathom how a car could get here by the end of October. The incorrect status on the car has caused what has now turned into a 3-week delay for even beginning production and I have no guarantee as to when the delay will end.

<Dealership> is considerably further from <City> than either of the two other dealerships, but I chose to order from you because of your honesty and patience in chatting with me about the car. I appreciate that, but at this point, there are two things which will improve how I feel about this situation:

1) I need some sort of official confirmation of when my production date will be and when I truly expect to receive my car. I understand there is some flexibility which you can't account for (waiting at the dock to fill a ship, etc.) but that should be a matter for several days not weeks. Is there some sort of system you have access to which can give me the exact date (via screenshot, fax, etc.) because either the 2 systems to which I have access don't work or my car is still on hold.

2) I really feel like there should be some kind of remuneration for the erroneous extended wait I've had to endure already (and will likely experience moving forward). I understand the production of BMWs take time and I was/am willing to accept that, but this will obviously extended beyond the normal amount of time to produce the 335i, even with Nav as a delayed option (for which I understand you're not responsible).

I would love to hear your thoughts, and I'm definitely not normally the kind of person who reacts this way, but the two reasons I ordered my car when I did were to be one of the first on the roads with it and much more importantly because not having it has created a logistical series of problems for me. Obviously every once in a while problems come up, but the negligence of having it on the wrong order status for weeks coupled with the fact that the problem still hasn't been resolved are simply unacceptable from a brand with such a strong reputation as BMW.

Respectfully,

Neel
Appreciate 0