New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

09-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
unicenter
Z4 35i DCT,X5 35d Hartge Tuned,Mini R56 JCW
Greece
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT,X5 35d Hartge Tuned

Mods on my sdrive35

I have change the trim grill with the retrofit of all black,i paint the air grids at the front bumber satin black.The wheels changed with 313 performance wheels.Now i'm wating from UK a front & rear set of AP racing performance brakes from E92 to put it .
As you can see i'm not owner of boxster who pretend that i have e89.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Now you are the Z4 owner that has confused us all, since you purchased a car that in your own unique opinion is, "Silly" and "Stupid".
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

the mods look great
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Sick wheels!!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicenter View Post
I have change the trim grill with the retrofit of all black,i paint the air grids at the front bumber satin black.The wheels changed with 313 performance wheels.Now i'm wating from UK a front & rear set of AP racing performance brakes from E92 to put it .
As you can see i'm not owner of boxster who pretend that i have e89.

Your mods are really cool, the 313 are my first choice and I love blacked out trim. But your message has got me stumped. The first photo looks like a e85 Z4, not a boxster.

Are the 313's 18" or 19" and what tyres are you running?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:03 AM   #6
unicenter
Greece
Rep

I am dissapoint with the car because i was waiting to drive a sport car.The first foto is my e85M.as you can understand from previous to now the different is big.Thats my problem. My e85M with PSS9 was far away better than the boxster so i was waiting the knew one to be the same.At the end must inform that i will never buy boxster because my opinion for the owners of this car is that they want porsche but they don't have a lot of money to take the real one (carrera)(Clarcson said).I forgot to tell you that i am fun of bmw brand as i have exept z4 also x5 xdrive35d and r1200gs.
So don't attact to me because i am right my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I don't think many people will attack you here - there's plenty of Porsche lovers around, but speaking for myself, I believe the Porsche 911 / Cayman may have a slight weight / performance edge, but the e89 Z4 is an excellent, new design. If you look at Porsche's cars, the cabins are plain and virtually identical - not so with the Z4. It's interior is unique and very stylish.

Not sure which car you were disappointed with?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So don't attact to me because i am right my opinion.
we attack you won't, even though your opinion be left field in.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 09-17-2009 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I don't think many people will attack you here - there's plenty of Porsche lovers around, but speaking for myself, I believe the Porsche 911 / Cayman may have a slight weight / performance edge, but the e89 Z4 is an excellent, new design. If you look at Porsche's cars, the cabins are plain and virtually identical - not so with the Z4. It's interior is unique and very stylish.

Not sure which car you were disappointed with?
I am disappointed with E89 because the setting's of the car is not sport and is very early to find aftermarket product's to fix handling and suspension (i want harder susp.).
I tottaly agree with you about cayman and boxter but carrera is totally different story and you can't compare both cars.Even the price is 50% more(carrera 2S cabrio).
Anyway Bilstein inform me that give B16 ride control at march/april 2010.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Your mods are really cool, the 313 are my first choice and I love blacked out trim. But your message has got me stumped. The first photo looks like a e85 Z4, not a boxster.

Are the 313's 18" or 19" and what tyres are you running?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

great mods!
yep, this new z4 is more a gt car than a sport car.....
You need also some chip or some box to tune your engine....Look at previous thread (2-3 months ago) and you will be able to get a box for 360bhp.....You will invalid your warranty, but You can try to improve things also with the engine....
PSS9 from bilstein are really good, but with m adaptive suspension I don't know if you can convert them to normal coilover systems....
Frncesco
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

After reading this I can understand your dissapointment! You have to be very dissapointed coming from a e85 M.
I too come from "normal" e85 with M-suspension and 19 inch wheels, so I know what you're talking about because I was also expecting a much harder ride...
But what I don't understand is how it is possible that you expect a normal BMW to be as sporty as an M version. The M's are in a league of their own and have nothing to do with any standard version be it a 3, 5, 6 or Z-series... The phylosofy behind the M is totaly different and I'm sure that most BMW-drivers are well aware of that...

Just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am disappointed with E89 because the setting's of the car is not sport and is very early to find aftermarket product's to fix handling and suspension (i want harder susp.).
I tottaly agree with you about cayman and boxter but carrera is totally different story and you can't compare both cars.Even the price is 50% more(carrera 2S cabrio).
Anyway Bilstein inform me that give B16 ride control at march/april 2010.
I agree with most of what your saying about the Porsche's. The 911 TT is pretty cool, but the interior basic and plain. IMO.

On the other hand, I think your feelings on the e89 Z4 are a bit misplaced when you compare the older e85 M to the e89 Z4.

First, your comparing apples and oranges. As another has said, you can't compare a normal BMW to an M BMW. You couldn’t do that with a normal e85 and an e85 M either, so it not fair to do it to the e89.

Second, as noted the car is still relatively new so it will take the vendors a little while longer to produce aftermarket products for it. We're also in a recession right now and nobody can predict when we'll pull. if I was a vendor making aftermarket products, I might be inclined give it a 2nd thought before I splashed out with a big investment. However, that's no reason to hate the car.

A lot of us would like to see an e89 M, but until then. . .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree with most of what your saying about the Porsche's. The 911 TT is pretty cool, but the interior basic and plain. IMO.

On the other hand, I think your feelings on the e89 Z4 are a bit misplaced when you compare the older e85 M to the e89 Z4.

First, your comparing apples and oranges. As another has said, you can't compare a normal BMW to an M BMW. You couldn’t do that with a normal e85 and an e85 M either, so it not fair to do it to the e89.

Second, as noted the car is still relatively new so it will take the vendors a little while longer to produce aftermarket products for it. We're also in a recession right now and nobody can predict when we'll pull. if I was a vendor making aftermarket products, I might be inclined give it a 2nd thought before I splashed out with a big investment. However, that's no reason to hate the car.

A lot of us would like to see an e89 M, but until then. . .

It still begs the question: Why would anyone spend some $60k on a car, unless they test drove it first and liked it? The OP has still not address this question.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
It still begs the question: Why would anyone spend some $60k on a car, unless they test drove it first and liked it? The OP has still not address this question.
+ 1

You nailed that one.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #16
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
You have to know my friend that here in creta we don't have the oportunity to test drive the car's before you buy it.My Z was the first Z in greece who had taken number plates .I had my almost 10 days before the oficcial presentesion.This is a general problem who have with the most brands.I had the same wrong buying with X5 E70 3.0si at 2007 . I was so disapointed that i sold it after 1 month and of course i lost 12000 euros.
So as you can understand i am not stupid to loose so much money and buy wrong cars but i can't do nothing else.

Last edited by unicenter; 09-18-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:44 AM   #17
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siscobmw View Post
great mods!
You need also some chip or some box to tune your engine....Look at previous thread (2-3 months ago) and you will be able to get a box for 360bhp.....You will invalid your warranty, but You can try to improve things also with the engine....
PSS9 from bilstein are really good, but with m adaptive suspension I don't know if you can convert them to normal coilover systems....
Frncesco
They answer to my mail and they said that they will not produse PSS9 but B16 Ride Control for this reason .If you don't have M adaptive bilstein already have the front from E92 and the rear from E85/86(Same rear axle)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #18
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siscobmw View Post
great mods!
Frncesco
i already have the tuning from Noelle (366HP) but i will not put it unless i solve the problem with the susp.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 03:44 AM   #19
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

In a German forum there is someone who got the new stabilizers made by H&R and is very pleased with this kit. He has the Adaptive M-suspension with the standard springs. The result is a lot less body roll when cornering but no loss of comfort though.

In another thread there is someone who mounted the springs by H&R and lowered the car about 3cm... but he got rid of them because the ride became far too hard for him!!!

If you understand german you can read about it in the following link :

http://www.zroadster.com/forum/bmw_z...errlich_-.html

Perhaps a solution to yous problem...

Grtz
Ramius
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #20
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
In a German forum there is someone who got the new stabilizers made by H&R and is very pleased with this kit. He has the Adaptive M-suspension with the standard springs. The result is a lot less body roll when cornering but no loss of comfort though.

Grtz
Ramius
Can't read German, but on these Z4's with Adaptive M Suspension I have felt that changing only the anti-sway bars for most street performance is the way to go.

A lot of people automatically want to change their springs, which may be good for the track and high speeds, but I think you give up a lot for street performance, and don't really gain much from the reduced suspension movement due to hard springs.

I looked over the Bilstein site pretty good. The have their own type of electronically adjustable adaptive shock, but it doesn't look like they have anything that will directly fit the Adaptive M Suspension as an upgrade. The stock BMW Adaptive M Suspension +Sport modes makes the shock rate quite a bit harder, regardless.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
unicenter
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Can't read German, but on these Z4's with Adaptive M Suspension I have felt that changing only the anti-sway bars for most street performance is the way to go.

A lot of people automatically want to change their springs, which may be good for the track and high speeds, but I think you give up a lot for street performance, and don't really gain much from the reduced suspension movement due to hard springs.

I looked over the Bilstein site pretty good. The have their own type of electronically adjustable adaptive shock, but it doesn't look like they have anything that will directly fit the Adaptive M Suspension as an upgrade. The stock BMW Adaptive M Suspension +Sport modes makes the shock rate quite a bit harder, regardless.
There is not different at shocks between sport and sport+
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #22
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is not different at shocks between sport and sport+
Right.