BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Road Atlanta track dates?

Anyone know of any coming up in the next month or so?
The BMW Car Club chapter for Atlanta if full for its October event.
I would want a safe event, I have track experience, but it would be my first time o Road Atlanta, so I would want full instruction.
Thanks.
      09-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta2004m3 View Post
Welcome to ATL, formerly from the GTA region myself.

Not sure if you know about this one, but the 2009 Oktoberfest is being held up at Lanier Islands Sept 28-Oct 4, with track days at RA, but previous experience is required. That said, I think the Peachtree Chapter may have blown the load on the O'fest event this month, as there aren't any chapter events noted in Roundel Coming Events section, but you can always doublecheck on the club website(www.peachtreebmwcca.org).

Just in case you also weren't aware, the first Sunday of every month is the Caffeine and Octane get together in Marietta. 8-11am, good or bad weather, with the cars ranging from an assortment of M cars to P cars, lots of classics, GT-Rs, Ferraris, etc, etc. Depending on how nice the weather is attendence can be well over a hundred cars. It's also posted on the club website. 4475 Roswell Road near the Panera Bread. The club website is showing the next C&O on the 27th of September, they might be pushing it out due to O'fest on October 4th.
Thanks for the info.
Just moved down south a few weeks ago.
I will check out the Caffeine and Octane meet for sure.

I checked the Peachtree chapter site, and they are filled up and I would def need instruction since I have never been to RA. Do you know of any other clubs that go there with instructors?
      09-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
JJM335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Skip Barber does the "official" driving schools at RA these days. The Peachtree CCA does 3 HPDE's a year...the Octoberfest event being our last of 2009. I think some other groups like Chin Motorsports do events up there, as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is hosting our first annual “Flyin Turkey Trot” track weekend at Road Atlanta November 21 - 22, 2009. All are welcome and invited to join us for the on-track fun.

We schedule six, 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups each day. We have instructors available for the Novice group.

Visit our web site for details and/or registration (on line or mail-in registration) for Road Atlanta or any our 2009 track events. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Feff
Appreciate 0