E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 Launch event

09-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
E92-Mark
Environmental petrol head.
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Coupé

Garage List
E92 Launch event

I've just been to the launch evening for my local dealers where they had 2 coupes on display. I think when I first saw them the other day I was a little unsure about certain aspects of the shape like around the rear wheel arch, but its definately grown on me.

They had a TiAg 325, with 18" wheels and a Black 335i with 19" wheels and auto with paddels. Both looked very cool.

First impression when I sat in one was that it definately felt lower to the ground than the E90, and you instantly felt you were sitting in something sporty. The new wheel is nice to hold and for those who went for paddels, they are well positioned and feel right to the touch.

On the outside, the car looks smaller than the E90, even though its actually bigger. Its very pleasing to the eye. Also, the rings on the xenon lights arent noticably cut off at the top like in some of the pictures. The rear LED strips are cool, but also quite subtle. (I was worried they would look garish)

All in all a great looking car, in both black or silver.

Bad news is that mine is nowhere to be seen

Currently : 330d SE Coupe, TiAg, Jade Leather Sports seats, HiGloss trim, 17" 188s, 6MT, CA, SunRoof, HBA, Pro Audio, 6CD, Bluetooth & Armrest
Retired : 320d SE E90, SG, Blk Leather, Xenons, Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I went to the launch event at my local dealer too. Funny, exactly the same two cars, specs and colours! It's impressive in the flesh. The dealer said the twin turbo goes like a rocket with instant turbo at 1,500 rpm. Going to test drive it in a couple of weeks just to see what it's like - but probabaly won't change. Going to wait for the M3!
Appreciate 0