Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Hankook tires - V12 Evo's

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
freefly335
Rep
Drives: 335i 2007

Hankook tires - V12 Evo's

Who is running Hankook V12 evo's on e92 coupe with OEM wheels?
What's your driving impression? Would you recommend them?

Sizes for OEM wheels - anybody tried wider than std?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly335 View Post
Who is running Hankook V12 evo's on e92 coupe with OEM wheels?
What's your driving impression? Would you recommend them?

Sizes for OEM wheels - anybody tried wider than std?

Thanks!
I know they have been quite popular here especially recently... they are pretty cheaply priced and they get great reviews both from magazine/tests as well as forum members. I am considering these as well for my stock rims if my stock tires don't last until I get my new rims/tires in the spring. I think these come fairly "skinny" for their size so I was hoping to make the front 235 and the rear possibly 265. but dunno
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Bomis
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

i have them on my e90 and im really impressed with their behavior....

EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomis View Post
i have them on my e90 and im really impressed with their behavior....
Me too. Just got them about a month ago, putting a little over 1K miles already..so far so good. I did change the sizes from OEM though, 245 front and 275 rear. My only peeve now is that the rears camber setting seems to be more aggressive than with the OEM RFTs. I'm bringing them in for a check and probalby would have to adjust the camber to be less negative, but then again maybe my eyes playing tricks on me. I've heard on the forum that -2 camber settings is recommended for E90...
      10-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

I've got them on my e65 and absolutely love them. Would (and will) definitely buy again.
      10-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
jaxxx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Im not trying to start an argument but I have the hankook v12 also and im not so impressed with them....
Had them for about 500 miles now, alignment was done after and the handling is terrible. The steering response is gone, the body roll is even more pronounced, and the traction of the launch is in par if not worst than the stoc RFT.

Good points..quite tires, nice ride, and decent wet traction.

sounds more like tires tha should have gone into a minivan, my tire press are 36f/38r cold
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Hmm... that's strange. I noticed a pretty dramatic improvement with the Hankooks, especially with regards to the steering response. Maybe you got a bad set
      10-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxx View Post
Im not trying to start an argument but I have the hankook v12 also and im not so impressed with them....
Had them for about 500 miles now, alignment was done after and the handling is terrible. The steering response is gone, the body roll is even more pronounced, and the traction of the launch is in par if not worst than the stoc RFT.

Good points..quite tires, nice ride, and decent wet traction.

sounds more like tires tha should have gone into a minivan, my tire press are 36f/38r cold
I can see that because RFT's are very stiff and the flex will feel greater with these Hankooks... however once you get "used" to it most people say they really do handle better just "seem" scary at first due to the reduction in stiffness.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post
Me too. Just got them about a month ago, putting a little over 1K miles already..so far so good. I did change the sizes from OEM though, 245 front and 275 rear. My only peeve now is that the rears camber setting seems to be more aggressive than with the OEM RFTs. I'm bringing them in for a check and probalby would have to adjust the camber to be less negative, but then again maybe my eyes playing tricks on me. I've heard on the forum that -2 camber settings is recommended for E90...
I honestly wouldn't mind if my rear camber got a little more - (aggressive) because my stock RFT's are wearing faster on the outer 1/2 anyway. A little more aggressive rear camber could flatten out the footprint better and actually help them wear more evenly

So you have no trouble running 245 front and 275 rear on the stock rims? I have the 189's I am pretty sure (E92 6mt performance package) and I wouldn't mind "squaring up" the tires a bit better to the rims. I also assume you dropped the profile by 5 all the way around to keep stock'ish overall diameters?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
jaxxx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I'll try to push the car more at it limits but with the softer side walls the steering and body roll was very poor
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind if my rear camber got a little more - (aggressive) because my stock RFT's are wearing faster on the outer 1/2 anyway. A little more aggressive rear camber could flatten out the footprint better and actually help them wear more evenly

So you have no trouble running 245 front and 275 rear on the stock rims? I have the 189's I am pretty sure (E92 6mt performance package) and I wouldn't mind "squaring up" the tires a bit better to the rims. I also assume you dropped the profile by 5 all the way around to keep stock'ish overall diameters?

TIA
Perhaps you're correct about the aggressive camber settings. I'm still a bit concern though. I'd like to keep them around -2.

Yes, I'm running 245front and 275rear, per the suggestion of the tech. And no, I do not have OEM wheels anymore..I got aftermarket rims, running 8.5front and 9.5 rear, with sports pkg as well. Prior to this I used to have 10mm spacers for the stock RFTs, but now I no longer need them, since the new rear tires are pretty much flushed with the fender...and I'm happy with that. Also, I'm running H&R sports springs, which help lower the car...