E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > ANY Help lost my license`

10-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
2292deptford
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 08

ANY Help lost my license`

Heres the story, got a ticket coming out of Philly in Camden, NJ. 80 in 55. I set up a court date. Went the first date they told me to come back in two weeks. I came back in two weeks, I talked to the prosecutor he gave me the unsafe driving no points, around 500 dollars total for fine and ticket. I go to the judge he tells me that and then also adds in He is going to suspend my license for 30 days. I have no points on my license and last ticket was 2006. There was one other person who also had the unsafe driving and their license was not suspended. I went to the dmv to get a temporary id and just talk with them while I was waiting, They said they have never seen anything like that before. Is their anything I can do now or is is just to late. any help would be great.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2292deptford View Post
Heres the story, got a ticket coming out of Philly in Camden, NJ. 80 in 55. I set up a court date. Went the first date they told me to come back in two weeks. I came back in two weeks, I talked to the prosecutor he gave me the unsafe driving no points, around 500 dollars total for fine and ticket. I go to the judge he tells me that and then also adds in He is going to suspend my license for 30 days. I have no points on my license and last ticket was 2006. There was one other person who also had the unsafe driving and their license was not suspended. I went to the dmv to get a temporary id and just talk with them while I was waiting, They said they have never seen anything like that before. Is their anything I can do now or is is just to late. any help would be great.
i'd say if the judge called it, your pretty much beat, but thats crazy if you have a clean record like that. i have done 82 in a 55 with 3 points on my license and just paid fines of 600. but thats complete bs that he would suspend your license, maybe the cop requested it. both the judge and complaining officer have to agree with the penalty. but the cops around camden are total pricks, they love to sit on the road sides after the toll.. so..not surprised. ( i live in cherry hill)

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Point N Shoot
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Left Foot & Right Foot

Get out of state Drivers license, with it, u pay lil fines if u have lawyer,
but will never see points, so u can swing ur middle fingers at the judge..
http://photowithart.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Gig103
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tesla P85D

I'm sorry to even have to ask this question, but what is your race, and what is the race of the judge? I hear Philly and Camden, and neither are the epitome of fairness or justice. White kid with BMW pissing off a black judge, or vice versa?? You may have grounds for a discrimination lawsuit.

Not that a judge has to listen to the prosecutor, but a 30 day suspension doesn't seem equal to the speeding, even 25 over.

(P.S. I'm in AZ now but grew up in NJ and went to school in Philly. That's why I lurk here)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I'm sorry to even have to ask this question, but what is your race, and what is the race of the judge? I hear Philly and Camden, and neither are the epitome of fairness or justice. White kid with BMW pissing off a black judge, or vice versa?? You may have grounds for a discrimination lawsuit.

Not that a judge has to listen to the prosecutor, but a 30 day suspension doesn't seem equal to the speeding, even 25 over.

(P.S. I'm in AZ now but grew up in NJ and went to school in Philly. That's why I lurk here)
yes, they are NOTORIOUS for racial profiling and discrimination here, i actually filed a discrimination suit against a cop(who's will remain x)and had him under review and probation for six months. he was also following me around town and tailgating me at every chance. even pulled me over once because i had a sticker on my rear windshield. very,long,convoluted story but.. it was grounds for review. actually got him on tape with a little help from a cop buddy. i think he's working mall security now. try to contact the head of the dept. explain your situation and tell him what happened. you want to contact the chief of police at least. the judge may not actually be the one discriminating against, as most times, like with me, the cop AND the judge have to agree on the verdict. i was set to be cleared of all charges, but just because this cop wanted it personal, he personally recommended a 90 day suspension for me. good luck, drive safe, and hope everything works out for you. some cops out there are dishonest and abuse their power, but its the world we live in and we must get used to it and find loopholes in the system. all systems are flawed, just remember there is always a way to throw some justice back.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You could appeal it but, it's not worth it at this point. I've personally been pulled over going much faster and not gotten as hard as a penalty. There must have been an underlying circumstance. Were you rude to the officer? Were you doing 80mph or were you going faster and ticketed for 80mph? I know South Jersey is very hard on racing and extreme speeding(90mph+). It really sucks, I know. Just make sure you DON"T DRIVE during your suspension. No matter how tempted you are. GL
      10-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
nebz
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

i think the best u shouldve done in the first place is to get a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

So tell us the rest of the story...

Did you ask why? Did the judge say anything at all as to why he was being so harsh on you? Is there anything at all that you can think of that may have impacted his decision? How old are you and how old is the person who's license he didn't suspend? Do you have an arrest record? Judges don't do stuff like this just out of the blue...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
So tell us the rest of the story...

Did you ask why? Did the judge say anything at all as to why he was being so harsh on you? Is there anything at all that you can think of that may have impacted his decision? How old are you and how old is the person who's license he didn't suspend? Do you have an arrest record? Judges don't do stuff like this just out of the blue...
yes they do..and so do cops..its abusing power. makes some of them feel good, for instance way back on the turnpike today i was tailgated by a cop, i mean BORDERLINE YOUR GOING TO HIT MY BUMPER. i tapped my brakes 100 times to tell this asshole to slow down, as i was already going 80 pmh. moved over a lane and he speeds by me doing 120+ and i see this same cop car, ill keep the id number anonymous, doing the same thing on the turnpike on various occasions. if it was legal, i'd set up video cameras between exits 4 and 9, just to keep them in check. the badge means responsibility, it is not a medium for abusing your power and endangering other motorists. i hope a police officer will chime in as every time i see something like this, i tend to take it personally. gl.

Appreciate 0