BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

FORGE FMIC fitted and tested

Well at last it's done and before and after Rolling road results on the same day, same dyno and at most a couple of hours apart.....Also no other car was dyno'd inbetween runs, so all setting unchanged.

Install took about 1.5 hrs and there was NO cutting involved.
Looks like a quality piece of kit.

So the bit you all want to know......
My car is running Standard boost:

Stock run:- 310 BHP
FMIC run 322 BHP

So 12 BHP gain and 13.75 Ft Llbs

I can feel the difference too. the car feels stronger low down and less asthmatic at high revs. A brighter and stronger feel that does not fade after being stuck in traffic or "playing" on lots of short sprints up and down sliproads etc.

On the Dyno, the runs stayed identical on each pull.

All in all, I think it's worth the money and I am really pleased with how the car feels......."every day feels like a cold day in winter"

Si
      10-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Can you post some graphs of before and after.

Time to start going into the ECU, I think!!

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I don't about the rest of but I need pics
Exterior Bling| Kerscher splitter |
Interior Bling | Bimmian pedals | 3P Cars gauage |
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I haven't had time to get online at home recently, but will try to get graphs up. Basically, the lines have remained smooth through the whole range and the increase is pretty much constant from the bottom to the top of the rev range.

Pictures are impossible at present as my car has been vandalised while I was in the funeral Directors, arranging a funeral with my wife for her Mum. it has been key'd (most likely a srewdriver or scissors) to the metal for every single millimeter from front light to back light, both sides, across the bonnet and across the boot. It is in BMW now being stripped down for a complete respray. This includes removing all the windows too......they hope to be able to "fill" the metal rather than replace panels as the panel fit is never the same and it is every panel except the roof.

This was done by one of her family too, so you can probably guess time to post pictures and get on with life is very short, but hopefully my explanation of the graphs will suffice.
      10-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
I haven't had time to get online at home recently, but will try to get graphs up. Basically, the lines have remained smooth through the whole range and the increase is pretty much constant from the bottom to the top of the rev range.

Pictures are impossible at present as my car has been vandalised while I was in the funeral Directors, arranging a funeral with my wife for her Mum. it has been key'd (most likely a srewdriver or scissors) to the metal for every single millimeter from front light to back light, both sides, across the bonnet and across the boot. It is in BMW now being stripped down for a complete respray. This includes removing all the windows too......they hope to be able to "fill" the metal rather than replace panels as the panel fit is never the same and it is every panel except the roof.

This was done by one of her family too, so you can probably guess time to post pictures and get on with life is very short, but hopefully my explanation of the graphs will suffice.
I'm sorry to hear of your mother-in-laws passing. My condolences to both of you. That's extremely unfortunate about your car, I hope everything gets resolved asap.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

Thanks for the results Si.

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope the situation gets resolved for you and I don't just mean the car.

With an ECU remap this mod should come into its own even more, what are your thoughts on this going forward?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mike135i View Post
Thanks for the results Si.

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope the situation gets resolved for you and I don't just mean the car.

With an ECU remap this mod should come into its own even more, what are your thoughts on this going forward?
I am undecided: I want the Evolve tune, which should give me close to 400 BHP

I am also considering:
Stage 1:- BMW cooling fan, motor, radiator & ducting
Stage 2:- BMW ECU / Remap

If I can spilt this a couple of months apart I can split the cost.

Also, If I currently get nearly 325BHP, the ECU/remap from BMW should take me to at least 340BHP with the better fuelling, timing and boost.
      11-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Got mine booked in, in a couple of weeks. Be interesting...
      11-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #9
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Got mine booked in, in a couple of weeks. Be interesting...
Remap or FMIC ?
      11-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Had the Evolve remap a while ago, just the FMIC this time.
      11-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #11
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Had the Evolve remap a while ago, just the FMIC this time.
Have fun

If I noticed a difference on Std boost, you will feel a bigger difference. More so on warmer days and when driving hard, slowing down, driving hard etc.......

What do you think of the Evolve map ?
How's your clutch ?
Are you still on std tyres ?
      11-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Love the Evolve remap, much better than the SST I had previously.

No issues with clutch so far.

Still on stock run flats, but will be looking to change once they wear out.
      11-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

Interesting stuff.

My 135 will be going on a rolling road on this weekend as totally stock so I can loosely benchmark for the future.

I went out in CliveD's Evolve mapped 135 and it was very quick. I really want to do this but bought new because of the warranty so cannot get around the fact that I could lose it.......for now.

Its worth mentioning too that slightly off topic, my 59 plate car came with Dunlop rfts and I have no problems with them at all. The ride is excellent compared to my friends 123d with the bridgstones which I felt were borderline dangerous on some of the wet roads of teh peak district when travelling over ruts and grids/manhole covers etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 01:24 AM   #14
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Personally I think the stock run flats don't give decent enough grip, especially on the front tyres causing unnecessary understeer. Next year I plan to shop around to see what alternatives are out there. From what I have read on these forums, the guys in the US seem to have a lot more choice when replacing run flats than we do in the UK.
      11-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Had the Forge FMIC fitted today, only took an hour at Evolve.

Looking to get the DP's and a retune shortly...
      11-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #16
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Nice to see you again Simon. Not bad figures for 95 octane fuel

Will post the dyno charts up on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

What's the current pricing on the Evolve remap? Is there a discount for 1addicts?

I am getting another 135 in the new year... well May :-) and don't want to go SSTT due to all the error codes, been stock for ages now and miss the additional power. Going to hold out now though, as 5-6 months isn't worth it.

Since I am getting a lardy cab, the remap is essential! Just deciding the options as I am also keen to look at JB, but think the JB+ could be just the same as the SSTT. But JB+ is only $270 which is a steal... works out at around £165 not inc delivery and is a doddle to install.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #18
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Think it's around £600-700 or thereabouts. There's a different map if you go with the Forge FMIC/DP's.
      01-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

any new reviews on the forge fmic?