E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 320d Problem

04-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
squidgee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

E90 320d Problem

I collected my E90 24th March 2005. It is probably the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. So far it has been back to the garage 2 times. It is now booked in for a 2 day examination by an independant mechanic, due to the problems encountered. The problems I have are1: Drivers seat incorrectly installed 2: Vehicle delivered with over inflated tyres 3: The vehicle handles like a wet sponge 4: The trim above the rear doors is coming away from the body work 5: Drivers window leaks (loud wind noise over 60 MPH) 6: The car will not drive in a straight line - veres to the right
Whilst these problems may be specific to my vehicle, I would strongly recommend that you take one for a long test drive prior to purchase. I unfortunately ordered pre launch. Rgds Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:22 AM   #2
bozo5521
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04/E53/X5/3.0/PP

Wow! Thanks for the heads up squidg'!...Let all hope that this is an isolated incident...These things DO happen though...Hopefully, your warranty should take care of any problems you have..keep us informed..I visited the dealer in Kings Lynn in Norfolk a couple weeks ago, and asked them if they had any E90's back for servicing..Of course, they said no, and everyone is pleased, but thats one good reason for forums like this..to cut out any BS...Again, keep us informed on your progress!...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:28 AM   #3
divide
Rep
Drives: E90

Yes thank you very much for the information.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2005, 03:46 AM   #4
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Most cars coming off the assembly line are never perfect. This is generally what QA/QC is for. They are suppossed to take care of all the 'nitpicky' things before the car is cleared as completed. Obviously mistakes can be made and things sometimes fall between the cracks. Also, as a consumer you should take the car out for a shakedown drive to make sure everything functions. I have owned many Toyotas that had bad alignment on my new car test drive. As for the over-inflated tires, most cars are delivered to the dealership with over inflated tires so that they don't develop flat spots from sitting too long. It sounds like your dealership is mostly at fault for your complaints, because all of those items should have been found by the lot attendants.
Appreciate 0