E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Someone dented my car today and left me this note

12-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Someone dented my car today and left me this note

Some moron dented my driver side door in Tesco car park :@:@:@

Left me this note:

(touch wood this doesn't happen)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKkBaSs View Post
Some moron dented my driver side door in Tesco car park :@:@:@

Left me this note:

That's quite a well known story unfortunately...

Although it does beg the question - if YOU (and this is directed generally, not just to Sunny) crashed accidentally into someone else's car and caused some minor damage, would you write down your details? Honestly?

I wonder how many people will say "no, I'll just drive off" ... a bit of a test of honesty this one!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

I did it recently - jumped out to go to Tesco in town a couple of weeks ago - left wife to park the Q7 - when I came out, she was all red in the face and said "i've just driven in to that car..."

As she was forward parking, she'd scraped the front corner of an Audi A-something-or-other. Their car wasn't too bad - but her's was fooked all the way from the passenger door to the rear bumper!!!

Anyway, I went back in to Tesco and got them to put a tannoy call out for the driver of the car - no one showed.

So then I left a little note on their windscreen with my contact details - few days later they called me up, thanked me for leaving the note and told me they would get a quote from their local paint shop.

The funniest thing was that all the people who'd seen it happen kept evilling the miswah and me as if to say you "fookin cants in your big car - bet you're not going to leave your details you lying cheating b*stards"

But we did. So there.

I think someone once said "do unto others...."
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by themetz View Post
I did it recently - jumped out to go to Tesco in town a couple of weeks ago - left wife to park the Q7 - when I came out, she was all red in the face and said "i've just driven in to that car..."

As she was forward parking, she'd scraped the front corner of an Audi A-something-or-other. Their car wasn't too bad - but her's was fooked all the way from the passenger door to the rear bumper!!!

Anyway, I went back in to Tesco and got them to put a tannoy call out for the driver of the car - no one showed.

So then I left a little note on their windscreen with my contact details - few days later they called me up, thanked me for leaving the note and told me they would get a quote from their local paint shop.

The funniest thing was that all the people who'd seen it happen kept evilling the miswah and me as if to say you "fookin cants in your big car - bet you're not going to leave your details you lying cheating b*stards"

But we did. So there.

I think someone once said "do unto others...."
Can't fault you mate, I wish everyone was so honest. I always park in the furthest corner whenever I go to any supermarket to avoid your miswah
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

I also always park in the furthest corner of the carpark. The missus hates it.

I did once hit another car, it was in a Peugeot dealership lmao! So considering I was on about 25 CCTV cameras, I paid up. £150 for a respray. The funny thing is, the dealership said they were going to respray the bumper anyway and charge the customer about £400 for the privilege. So now they get to make the money twice, woohoo. He joked. I got annoyed. They said "Well if you'd rather go through the insurance.. ? "

Bloody peugeot..
      12-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #6
craig2859
Black .... all the way !!
Rep
Drives: [Previous]2006 330d M-Sport

Garage List
My old car had at least 7 door/shopping trolley dents in it all over ..... no one ever left me a note at all.

I now park where I can - away from the "cluster" of cars who can not be arsed to walk further than 10 metres to get in the shop.

If I hit a car with my door, or whatever I would leave a note - 100%

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

I had parked in stafford about 2 years ago in my E46, came back to it with the front number plate hanging off i was

Anyway got closer and there was a note on the windscreen the guy had left his details so i gave him a ring and thanked him for his honesty didn't ask him for the money it was only a broken number plate.

There are a few honest people about

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #8
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

I've got like 5 holes missing out of my back bumper and a dent in my driver side rear door.

Never had a note or anything..

People are pricks.
      12-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post

People are pricks.
None taken

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

What an ass. Too bad the person that saw him didnt write down their plate number on the paper once the guy left.
      12-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

One thing is not being in your car I remember once sitting in my e46 having coffee in a supermarket waiting for wife and suddently to hear a thud. A dozy C@w let her trolley slide into sideof my bumper. I watched her as she quickly grabbed it and causually walked away, (did not see me in the car)

I jumped out to challange her (she nearly laid an egg) , all flustered she tried to blubber some applogogy but fact was she was looking around to see if anyone saw her,

It was the only time I was glas the e46 had those black bumper strips
      12-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
One thing is not being in your car I remember once sitting in my e46 having coffee in a supermarket waiting for wife and suddently to hear a thud. A dozy C@w let her trolley slide into sideof my bumper. I watched her as she quickly grabbed it and causually walked away, (did not see me in the car)

I jumped out to challange her (she nearly laid an egg) , all flustered she tried to blubber some applogogy but fact was she was looking around to see if anyone saw her,

It was the only time I was glas the e46 had those black bumper strips
Same thing happened to me. Exactly the same. Heh. This kind of thing must happen to everyone, because I can relate to almost every point made in this thread.. But an old chap. About 70.

He came to collect the trolley again after it hit my car HARD (he let it go and it rolled about 10 feet)and tried to walk off, I jumped out and shouted at him, he said "theres no damage" I said "how the fuck would you know your trying to do a runner".

But he looked properly intimidated ( a rare thing with me ) and due to his age I accepted it and got back in the car. Giving someone a heart attack over a scratch isn't something I wan't held over my conscience. Still though, asshole.

lol
      12-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

I've had a couple of car park dings and never a note left - most notably my first brand new car (Golf GT Sport) 2 days after picking it up

Suppose it's karma; I bumped someone in a car park shortly after passing my test and didn't hang around to check for any damage (the mistakes of youth!)... would never do that now.

Not condoning it for one second but when you consider the implications it's no surprise so many people panic and scarper - a small bodywork repair would be inconvenient to me but I could and would pay for any damage.

If for example you're a young driver on minimum wage and you dented someone's new BMW would your morals be so unfaltering? A fault claim on your record or months of savings down the drain?

And that's before you even think about the no. of uninsured drivers on the roads!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Same thing happened to me. Exactly the same. Heh. This kind of thing must happen to everyone, because I can relate to almost every point made in this thread.. But an old chap. About 70.

He came to collect the trolley again after it hit my car HARD (he let it go and it rolled about 10 feet)and tried to walk off, I jumped out and shouted at him, he said "theres no damage" I said "how the fuck would you know your trying to do a runner".

But he looked properly intimidated ( a rare thing with me ) and due to his age I accepted it and got back in the car. Giving someone a heart attack over a scratch isn't something I wan't held over my conscience. Still though, asshole.

lol
u shud hav at least abused him verbally...not in an aggressive tone to give him a heart attack....but "u fuckin old tw*t..."...wud have been appropriate...lol
Appreciate 0