BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Worst crash Ive ever witnessed.

10-15-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Unhappy Worst crash Ive ever witnessed.

Well, i was going to this girls house and it was around 10 and i was just driving slowly listening to some tunes, all my windows down...
--As I enter a huge four lane intersection I get on the left most lane to make a U-turn, in front of me is a 90's nissan sentra in silver making a U-turn also, but i patiently wait behind him. He inches forward then he gives it some gas, I assume he is going, so I look ahead at oncoming traffic to see when i could go (at the same time I notice a new e92 in white right in front of me making a U-turn on the oncoming traffic direction) so i look at the E92 for a few seconds and that sort of holds me back from looking at the oncoming traffic so it delayed my making of the U-turn.
--As I stare at the E92, I hear this loud metal BOOM, such as something you would hear in a movie, actually it was worst. i then feel a piece of metal hit the top of my hand (it didnt hurt that bad, felt like a bee sting). I then look over to my left and see that same silver sentra T-bone a brand new toyota camry, which makes that camry hit a car going the same direction ( im assuming the toyota tried swerving causing itself to hit the car next to him) ..I then stare at disbeleif at watching this whole event unfold just a few feet from me and my car ( it was about 2 lanes distance from me)...
I then make my U-turn and immediatly get out of my car to see how everybody is, and to my disbeleif and horror, there was a baby in the backseat of the car which was T-boned (toyota camry). The driver then happens to be trapped in the car because of the door disfigurating, so I immediatly help in getting him out. We both get out and without even talking to eachother, try and open the backdoor with the baby. The door was very jammed but me and her father eventually got it open. he was then screaming "theres smoke inside!" but I assured him that was the talcom powder from the airbags. The wife and older daughter eventually crawled through the front and side door we opened. I then continued to the other cars and everybody was "alive" at least (guy in silver sentra looked like he had ALOT of broken bones, I have yet to hear how he is doing). I then try and calm down the father as he BLOWS his top off at the guy who Tboned him, he screamed "you hit my daughter!" and almost breaks into tears but at the same time is angrier than anybody i have ever seen, probably from the adrenaline.

Everybody, except for the guy in the silver sentra, walked out of the accident, All everyone had was a lot of cuts and bruises. Amazingly the baby was in a baby chair but WAS NOT BUCKLED UP! I could not beleive she stayed in the backseat, I now know there is a god by seeing that scene, she should have been ejected from the car, but hardly moved from her seat! The guy in the camry said he was travelling at about 50-60 mph! I then get the chance to call the police and report this accident.

A few minutes pass, and the adrenaline goes away, i back up a bit and notice that the camry is unrecognizable and the engine in the sentra is just about inside the cabin. The other car that the camry hit was not damaged nearly as bad. It only had the rear suspension detached and on the floor of the street. I very well could have been in this accident i beleive, or at least have my car closer to it, resulting in more than just a dent on the side of my door. I am extremly lucky, and now fully realize that even the safest driver is not safe. accident come out of nowhere and in split seconds... i then look at the time i called the police and it was around 10:17...meaning that this accident happened around 10:13 maybe not on the dot as i wasnt really paying attention, but that coincidence is scary enough for me. (10:13=10/13=friday the 13th) that last part is no joke i promise. I said to my friends and family "you guys watch too many scary movies, all this friday the 13th stuff is stupid" while I still think it's supersticious, there is no denying what happened.

As I left the scene, I came to that girls house, and stayed there for a bit, but wasnt in the mood for anything after having something like this happen. So i left and just parked my car on this parking lot overlooking the beach and just sat there listening to some music. almost glad to be alive, and to have my car in one piece. hope this description was clear enough.

Last edited by Driv3r; 10-15-2006 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
wow i got the chills when i read the part about 10:13 on 10/13, scarry, thank god no one died and was just injured. That is truely amazing how that baby stayed in the seat.
      10-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

Could have been worse, I suppose.

Weird when it happens so close to you..
Here's a weird one, too.
Driving in moderate city traffic- 30 mph, or so. But, every few minutes the traffic stops and backs up as the light ahead turns cycles.
There's this chick in the right lane (2 lanes) and she's blabing on the cell not paying any attention- I always check to see who's around me- where people are, etc. Just defensive driving. I noticed her and wanted to make sure I was not near her at ANY time.
She's now in the right lane (I'm in the left) about 1000 feet back- the light ahead cycles, and the traffic is now backing up and stopping.
I'm just at a stop, and the car in the right lane is now stopped too- he's one car ahead. In other words, when this ditz closes the gap, she will be directly on my right side- we would be "side by side".
I quickly look back, see she's going way too fast, note that she's still on the phone, and that she's going to slam right into the car in front of her- and she's doing a good 35- he's now at a dead stop, as am I.
All my windows are open, my mom is in the car with me, and (keep in mind, this is all happening in nano-seconds!)I tell her quickly "TURN TO ME AND CLOSE YOUR EYES NOW"
My mom turns to me and at that very instant that idiot slams hard into that car- at that point she was doing over 40. Debris, broken glass, plastic, metal everything flies right into my car, and all over it- fortunately, her car broke the other way, towards the curb, after impact.
She hit this guy so hard she sent him into the car in front OF HIM and that was hard enough to cause HIS bags to blow.
Everybody was ok, luckily- some bruises, etc. I was there for 20 minutes taking pieces out of my car.
Police/Rescue shows up and I tell the police what happened; Where's the chick? Talking on her cell phone. The cop, now pissed, tells her to get off the phone and she starts mouthing off to him- he takes the cell out of her hands and throws it about as far as I've ever seen anybody throw something short of a baseball- into the center (grassy) area on the off-ramp, if that makes any sense. I think he knew it'd be ok- maybe he just didn't care. I know I didn't.
I love street bikes, but... nope. And this is why. If they're not 103 and blind, they are 17 and stupid.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
glamprecht
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330iE90, F15X5, F25X3, F15X5

Here is a story for those with electric front seats:

Arrived at accident scene. The whole roof of a E36 BMW was level with the engine. A large truck made an accident and ended up accross the road. The BMW went straight underneath. Struggling for quite a while to remove the roof to get to the body in the wreckage. Finally got a guy out without a scratch!

He said that he saw that he was not going to brake in time to prevent the accident so he pulled the lever next to the seat to make the backrest go down.
      10-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
pretty insane stories guys
      10-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Driv3, is your hand ok? Did you figure out what the metal was?

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira
Driv3, is your hand ok? Did you figure out what the metal was?
it was dark, all i got was a deep cut, it was definatly a metal scrap but since my hand was outside of the car the metal probably dropped on the floor...and at the time, my hand was the least of my concerns, and when the ambulance came for them I asked for a bandaid and they kindly wrapped my arm in gauze instead.
      10-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

10/13, 10:13 - ridiculous. Wake up to reality.

They was a great story, but don't go on with the magical thinking. You're living in the middle ages.

Are you going to put a spell on me now?

And honestly I'm really glad you're not hurt.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
treublue
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

pics?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad
10/13, 10:13 - ridiculous. Wake up to reality.

They was a great story, but don't go on with the magical thinking. You're living in the middle ages.

Are you going to put a spell on me now?

And honestly I'm really glad you're not hurt.
I know but seriously, i still dont beleive that crap but it was a pretty odd coincidence
      10-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

WOW, those are a couple of wild stories. Yup, that stuff comes out of the blue... glad y'all are okay.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #12
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

damn ur story should be on Ogrish.com
Appreciate 0