E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Apple Iphone 3Gs 32Gig Version not Rare For Sale

01-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Apple Iphone 3Gs 32Gig Version not Rare For Sale

For sale i have an apple iphone 3Gs 32 gig version.
these phones are very expensive in the shops.
its brand new and the box has only been opened to check the contents and phone.there is 12 months warranty remaining as the phone has not been registered.
The phone is on O2
reason for sale is i`m sticking with my good old nokia N73.

£480 or very nearest offer.
Attached Images

Last edited by lemans 330d; 01-04-2010 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: wording
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      01-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I wonder if the popcorn is for the most recent 'iPhone thread' that went nuts...

For my tuppence, I resent the use of the term 'rare' to describe what is about the second most common phone there is... right behind the 16gig model.

Don't get me wrong, the price isn't bad.... (it's not great either) but to be honest, it's not rare, or even uncommon, or even slightly hard to find.

Its a phone. The carphone warehouse next to my work has them in stock, as does the 02 store...

Rare? Bollocks.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I wonder if the popcorn is for the most recent 'iPhone thread' that went nuts...

For my tuppence, I resent the use of the term 'rare' to describe what is about the second most common phone there is... right behind the 16gig model.

Don't get me wrong, the price isn't bad.... (it's not great either) but to be honest, it's not rare, or even uncommon, or even slightly hard to find.

Its a phone. The carphone warehouse next to my work has them in stock, as does the 02 store...

Rare? Bollocks.

Matt
ok thanks for that info.
i will edit my post as i was going on a mates info but as for the price i checked ebay and this is the cheapest i could find one.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans320d View Post
ok thanks for that info.
i will edit my post as i was going on a mates info but as for the price i checked ebay and this is the cheapest i could find one.
lol sorry mate, its a perfect ad and price for Ebay - coz its populated by total donuts!!

As I said, price isnt bad either, just that with this being a forum, you'll always get less because everyone on forums knows EVERYTHING!!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Maybe one day somebody could just post something up for sale and the only comments made are if they are interested in buying it - such as questions about the item etc.

We all have our opinions on items and what they are worth - surely slagging off the OP for his use of words in the title or if you think the price is right or wrong, is not really very fair??
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Maybe one day somebody could just post something up for sale and the only comments made are if they are interested in buying it - such as questions about the item etc.

We all have our opinions on items and what they are worth - surely slagging off the OP for his use of words in the title or if you think the price is right or wrong, is not really very fair??

thanks for that but no offence was taken and i dont want this post going silly like mikey`s did.
but yes i do agree with you positive questions and comments are more than welcome.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

just a thought for the sale board

On some other forums i use you cannot discuss the item or prices only by PM ,

Take a look at www.rolexforums.com, it is only a thought ,I think it gave everybody a good laugh Mikey and my disagreement on his I-phone ,

You are right saying they are available everywhere ,I bought my sons from the Apple store in Brighton they set it up so no hassel and he is well pleased with it .

I paid £440 full price ,I would say if you are going PAYG as i did for my sons it comes with a special sim that clearly states this sim is supplied to go with the i-phone 3g payg and the guy in the store played with some setting on the phone before inserting it

I think the sim is set to allow you free web and downloads for 12 months subject to you topping up by £10 pcm.

I think £480 is a fair price for what its worth £100 under cost Great phone as well
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
On some other forums i use you cannot discuss the item or prices only by PM ,

Take a look at www.rolexforums.com, it is only a thought ,I think it gave everybody a good laugh Mikey and my disagreement on his I-phone ,

You are right saying they are available everywhere ,I bought my sons from the Apple store in Brighton they set it up so no hassel and he is well pleased with it .

I paid £440 full price ,I would say if you are going PAYG as i did for my sons it comes with a special sim that clearly states this sim is supplied to go with the i-phone 3g payg and the guy in the store played with some setting on the phone before inserting it

I think the sim is set to allow you free web and downloads for 12 months subject to you topping up by £10 pcm.

I think £480 is a fair price for what its worth £100 under cost Great phone as well

thanx for that.
i have also put it on ebay along with all the other DONUTS.
you never know i maybe one of the jammy ones.
no rush to sell!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post

Well usually what happens (in my case anyway) is when interested in a classified the only way to go is to PM original poster or get their mobile number. What goes on in these threads is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned...if the buyer is interested he would probably rather get a direct POV rather than milling around on the thread. I mean if the buyer is interested a bit of banter is not going to deter them...is it?

(from my own experience)
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I'd agree that most forums don't allow it... I don't have an opinion either way!

I just can't help myself sometimes though - and don't get me wrong, every single item I sell on eBay is 'rare,' 'unique,' 'one of a kind' etc but I'd change the wording on a forum. I guess the op has taken this point on the chin, so in some ways this has turned out constructive!!

Maybe. Ish!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I PHONE SOLD (good old ebay)
thanks for your comments.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I'd agree that most forums don't allow it... I don't have an opinion either way!

I just can't help myself sometimes though - and don't get me wrong, every single item I sell on eBay is 'rare,' 'unique,' 'one of a kind' etc but I'd change the wording on a forum. I guess the op has taken this point on the chin, so in some ways this has turned out constructive!!

Maybe. Ish!

Matt
like i said earlier i was going on a friends advice.
i am not a phone freak which is why i have a nokia N73 which does the job.
thanx anyway for the tip off.
Appreciate 0