BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2010 Rolex 24 who's going?

01-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Garage List
2010 Rolex 24 who's going?

Just curious if anyone else from the forum will be attending this years Rolex 24 at Daytona?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
Got Rice?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: aw 335i coupe

i missed it last year and might make it out this year, if i do go its going to be with the cfbmw.org or cfleuro.net guys
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
MuchMoore
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

I'm pretty sure I'm in.
      01-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rice? View Post
i missed it last year and might make it out this year, if i do go its going to be with the cfbmw.org or cfleuro.net guys
same
      01-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

I'm going! Combining my Bachelor party with the event! Can't get better than fast cars and naked chicks..LOL !
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
I'm going! Combining my Bachelor party with the event! Can't get better than fast cars and naked chicks..LOL !
we were down in daytona a couple of years at the same time as the daytona 500, we went to a place called lollipops, that place had to have imported girls from all of florida because there had to of been a hundred girls walking around. i can't remember if they were naked on stage but the private dances were pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
A1 RDL
www.ryandalziel.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 JB E92 M3

Hey guys, I am on the forum as an M3 owner and M6 owner. I will be racing at the event for Action Express Racing in a Riley Daytona Proptotype. For the past 2 seasons I have driven the event in a DINAN BMW powered Daytona Prototype and from round 2 onwards I will be back in a BMW with a newly formed team, StarWorks Motorsports. But I was offered to drive the #9 car for this one off and it was an offer a driver cant refuse. Sorry for this one I am in a Porsche, but I will always route for the BMW's, and I'll be back in mine soon.

Great to see so many M fans supporting Rolex Racing.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 RDL View Post
Hey guys, I am on the forum as an M3 owner and M6 owner. I will be racing at the event for Action Express Racing in a Riley Daytona Proptotype. For the past 2 seasons I have driven the event in a DINAN BMW powered Daytona Prototype and from round 2 onwards I will be back in a BMW with a newly formed team, StarWorks Motorsports. But I was offered to drive the #9 car for this one off and it was an offer a driver cant refuse. Sorry for this one I am in a Porsche, but I will always route for the BMW's, and I'll be back in mine soon.

Great to see so many M fans supporting Rolex Racing.
Thanks
Awesome! I worked for Farnbacher Loles in 2008 and did a few races with Racer's Edge and their RX8. My brother is working for Speed Source with their RX8 this year. I'll make sure to stop by your garage and check out your operation. If you're team need any help I still have all my safety gear and I wouldn't mind putting in a few hours as a volunteer. By the way what's your real name (if you don't mind saying)?

~Brad
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
we were down in daytona a couple of years at the same time as the daytona 500, we went to a place called lollipops, that place had to have imported girls from all of florida because there had to of been a hundred girls walking around. i can't remember if they were naked on stage but the private dances were pretty good.
Thanks for the headsup!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I'll probably be attending...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
A1 RDL
www.ryandalziel.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZTL View Post
Awesome! I worked for Farnbacher Loles in 2008 and did a few races with Racer's Edge and their RX8. My brother is working for Speed Source with their RX8 this year. I'll make sure to stop by your garage and check out your operation. If you're team need any help I still have all my safety gear and I wouldn't mind putting in a few hours as a volunteer. By the way what's your real name (if you don't mind saying)?

~Brad
Hey Brad. My name is Ryan Dalziel. I think our crew is all set but stop by and say hello.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d, 2019 230i X

I'll be there for the fifth year in a row. The BMW influence is bigger than ever in Rolex, and I'm thrilled to see it. Last year's race was one of the most exciting endurance races ever, and this year is shaping up to be great, too.

Lots of DP cars running BMW/Dinan power. (Trivia question - who was the guy in the front left smiling ear to ear in the Ganassi team announcement press photo taken yesterday? Answer - Steve Dinan, of course! He was surrounded by eight hot shoes from a bunch of series, and they'll all be driving a car with his motor! I'd be smiling, too.)

Ryan, sorry you won't be running in a BMW in the 24, but glad you'll be back with us for the rest of the year. Good luck, it looks like you've got a strong team together for the race, too.

The other big news is Turner moving up to GT and running a M6 with his superstars.

The Continental (formerly Koni) race is going to be loaded with Bimmers, too. Lots of e92 M3s coming on board, and a few e46 cars still soldiering on. ST should be a great show, too - with James Clay and Bimmerworld joining the pack.

If you can make it, this is the year for Bimmerheads to be in Daytona for the last weekend in January!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
Tony717
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Anyone know what has happen to Farnbacher Loles? Haven't heard from them in the "Roar before the 24" testing. Last thing that I remember from them the team owner was caught embezzling funds but not much aside from that.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #14
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony717 View Post
Anyone know what has happen to Farnbacher Loles? Haven't heard from them in the "Roar before the 24" testing. Last thing that I remember from them the team owner was caught embezzling funds but not much aside from that.
I think they've closed their shops and they're gone. Greg Loles is in a heap of trouble. Looks like many of the drivers that used to work for them are elsewhere this year.

It's a shame. There were some good people working there. I haven't followed this story for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if there are any recent developments.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
Brad335d
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony717 View Post
Greg did a mini Madoff scheme with his Greek Orth. Chuch up in CT. He took investment money from church members as well as money that he was entrusted with from the church that was for a new church building. Bad deal all arround FBI got him in CT a few weeks back the shop down here in GA is closed up, not sure about the guys over in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #16
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
BEWARE OF THE PINK PONY...too bad you're not in Tampa....lots of...cough, cough...really NICE clubs there...or so I hear...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #17
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

For those who haven't seen:

Ganassi attracts stars for Daytona
January 10, 2010

Ganassi testing at Daytona, January 2010Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates has announced a star-studded lineup for its assault in the upcoming Rolex 24 at Daytona, where the team will field two BMW-powered Riley prototypes.

Ganassi, which has won three of the past four editions of the legendary endurance event, will have arguably the strongest lineup on the grid, fielding former IndyCar Series champions and Indianapolis 500 winners Juan Pablo Montoya, Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon – all former Rolex 24 winners as well – in the team's No. 02 car, where NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jamie McMurray will also take turns behind the wheel.

The No. 01 car will be driven by former Grand-Am champions and Daytona event winners Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas, joined by Indy car hotshoe Justin Wilson and American Le Mans regular Marino Franchitti.

This year the team has switched to BMW power following the departure of Lexus from the series. The V8 powerplants are built by California-based engine tuner Dinan, which has won Grand-Am events in the past.

"We have been fortunate to have experienced a lot of success in the Grand-Am series over the last six years," said team owner Chip Ganassi. "That success stems from a number of factors – like having great drivers behind the wheel, taking great equipment to the track, having great people in the shop and finding great partners. I am pleased to say that once again we will have all of that."

The team has been among the pacesetters in this weekend's official test at Daytona, posting the fastest time in one of the afternoon sessions on Saturday with its No. 02 car.

Last year Ganassi finished second in the event with the No. 01 car driven by Montoya, Pruett and Rojas as the Brumos team denied it a fourth consecutive victory.

BTW...we need a BMW CORRAL at Daytona...Sebring is great...but I feel people at Rolex actually watch the race...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep

I'd love a Corral too, although I'm flying down and renting a "Mazda 6 or equivalent" from Hertz. I could tape a couple of Roundels to it and try to sneak in.

I'd love to drive my M3 down some time, but 20 hours of driving and questionable weather in the northeast this time of year make it too much of a hassle.

NJBMWCCA will probably do a Corral at the NJMP Grand-Am race in July. I'll keep you all posted.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #19
Stanky19
Friends don't let friends early apex!
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Turbo Schnitzel"

Garage List
2007 E92 335I  [0.00]
Hey all, i will be racing at this year's 24 as well as the other board member up top (who i think his DP car last year used my GT car as a brake on a restart, putting us in the garage for 45 min! Not sure tho ;p) I've been doing development work on the Pratt & Miller chassis BMW M6 GT car (as opposed to Turner's Riley chassis M6) for Corsa Car Care and PR1 Motorsports.

If you're at the event, stop by the garage and say hi. My name is Jeff Westphal by the way, the car is #32 and a pic of it in dry carbon form can be seen in my avatar on the left. With the vinyl wrap, you'll be looking for a blue, silver, and white M6!

All The Best
      01-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
A1 RDL
www.ryandalziel.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanky19 View Post
Hey all, i will be racing at this year's 24 as well as the other board member up top (who i think his DP car last year used my GT car as a brake on a restart, putting us in the garage for 45 min! Not sure tho ;p) I've been doing development work on the Pratt & Miller chassis BMW M6 GT car (as opposed to Turner's Riley chassis M6) for Corsa Car Care and PR1 Motorsports.

If you're at the event, stop by the garage and say hi. My name is Jeff Westphal by the way, the car is #32 and a pic of it in dry carbon form can be seen in my avatar on the left. With the vinyl wrap, you'll be looking for a blue, silver, and white M6!

All The Best
Wasnt me that hit you lol. I was driving for the #22 Alegra Motorsports at the 24hour last year and we never hit anyone.

Who's driving your car this year?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #21
Stanky19
Friends don't let friends early apex!
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Turbo Schnitzel"

Garage List
2007 E92 335I  [0.00]
i think it was the #5 Coca Cola car, not sure, i was asleep to prepare for the night stint after i started the race.

This year it will be; Max Hyatt, Thomas Merrill, Rob Finlay, and myself (Jeff Westphal). The first two drivers and myself are all products of Pr1 Motor sports driver development program coming from formula cars to Grand Am Rolex Sports cars.

Rob Finlay is a more experienced driver who's done 4 or 5 24HR of Daytona's in Dp cars, as well as some koni stuff. Last year he was in the #2 Gentlemen Jack Crawford DP car.....he has some good stories about that thing!
      01-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #22
Drlbrill
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey Ryan, awesome driving! Hope you'll post a few closeups of your new watch!

All the best!

Lou Brill
Appreciate 0