BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Winter tires....get 'em!

Chicago is experiencing the first significant snow of the New Year, estimates of 6" - 14" before it's all over, OK its Chicago we're used to it...right?? Apparently not....... I'm on my way to work this morning, full cup of coffee, check; extra bottle of water, check; full tank of gas, check; ....I leave earlier than usual to deal with the idiots who do not know how to drive in the snow...and what is the biggest hold-up on the expressway??? Some guy driving about 10mph with his hazards on, obviously on Summer Tires and no clue what to do driving an Imola Red E46 M3!!!

Seriously, whoever you are, get some winter tires....or take the train.

disclaimer: The above comment is in not intended as an attack on the rest of the fine men and women who drive M3's....
      01-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Yeah I was driving all day in that shit..Like an idiot I didnt even check weather or the news and see a blizzard was coming our way. I was driving around the BMW the night before, parked in the girlfriends garage, woke up and saw 4 inches of snow on the ground. Now my poore damn car is sitting in my garage covered in snow and salt and im in georgia, then Afghanistan for a few months. DAMN IT
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
fresh135i
Private
Rep
Drives: None

I am trying to make it through winter without getting winter tires lol... i got stuck in a Mc'Donalds parking lot on Thursday, and have a hard time getting out of parrallel parking spots...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh135i View Post
I am trying to make it through winter without getting winter tires lol... i got stuck in a Mc'Donalds parking lot on Thursday, and have a hard time getting out of parrallel parking spots...
I was in NW Indiana on Friday driving on rural roads through some 12-18" drifts, there is no way I would drive a car in the Chicago area on Summer tires in the Winter, they're cheap insurance....why would you risk your car over the cost of tires???
      01-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh135i View Post
Dont do it! Get snow tires! I missed my train to work because I couldnt get my car up a hill into the train station parking lot...needless to say, i ordered snow tires when I got to work
Appreciate 0