E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA

10-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA

Thought I would start a thread for Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA. Please post your experience with sales or service in this thread.

I bought an '06 MINI Cooper S from them, and it was a good overall experience.

They support the enthusiast community by sponsoring auto-cross events, and have two competition cars (pics below). My MINI sales advisor is the founder of our local club (PhillyMINI.org)

On the BMW sales/service side, my experience with them is somewhat limited. Just one service visit so far with the E90, and didn't need a loaner. While waiting for service, I drove the E92 335 demo car. The salesman handed me the keys, and I drove it solo.

They have a very well stocked BMW / MINI boutique store upstairs, and internet access available in the waiting room.

One negative item - I saw them "washing" the cars after service. There was a very large bucket out back (like a 10 gallon size) near the service garage entrance, filled with soapy pink water. There was someone there using a BROOM to wash the cars. I immediately ran inside and asked for "no wash" tag to be put on my car.

10% parts discount for BMW CCA members too.

So, how was your experience?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
andr00
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Funny that you post this, I was there this morning to get an appraisal on my trade in. I've been working with Ralph with my E92 328i purchase, and he took me around the lot and I saw their track cars too.

So far my experience is good. I think my car arrived a few days ago, but when I saw it this morning, it didn't look like they started any of the dealer install options yet (clear bra and iPod integration), so I still have to wait till Monday. Oh well, what's another 3 days when I've waited 6 weeks.
      10-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Yup, i'm working with Ralph at the moment too! good experience after the minor mishap though...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
jfd349
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver 328xi (ordered)

I purchased my 325i from Ralph as well in June. Great advisor and very helpful. Would buy a car from him again. Only issue I had is when I had the alarm installed. I want to have an audible sound when I lock my doors, not just the flash lights (just my personal preference). They installed the alarm, but the software does not play well, so they said to bring in back later in the year. Apparently this was a BMW issue impacting everyone. Glad I purchased a BMW! Such a great car.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
andr00
Private
South Korea
Rep

For you guys that have taken delivery of your Bims, what's Otto's stance on floormats? Will they charge you for them?
      10-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
andr00
Private
South Korea
Rep

I picked up my car today. The sales experience from start to finish was fantastic. Ralph always kept me up to date with what was going on with my car, from which ship it sailed on, to the timeframe my dealer option installs would be, etc. To top it off, my E92 is my first manual car. Ralph stuck around with me for an hour and a half until I was comfortable with it. He stayed until 9PM helping me out! But thanks to him, I was able to drive the car all the way home stall free. He was really a straight up, personable and helpful guy. Thumbs up 100%!

Oh, and no charge for the floormats
      10-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

I bought my car from Kevin Mahoney at Ottos. Great experience all in all but don't expect any great deals from him unless you play hard ball.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #8
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Bump for Otto's BMW/MINI

They hosted an event for the local Philly MINI club on Saturday. Basically, turned over the showroom to the club for our end-of-day party, and Otto's provided catered dinner for 30 people.

They also provided over $200 in prizes. In turn, the club provided a "Toys for Tots" item from each participating member.

The guys and gals at Otto's do support their clients and the enthusiast community above and beyond!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #9
Hammerfang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330i M-sport

While I have never dealt directly with them, I go to school at Villanova and have spoken with a few BMW owners and Otto's is always the place they recommend.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI

I have a 335i on order. I worked with Jay. Pleasent guy, worked hard for his money (and therefore I worked hard for my "discount"). Not sure how I REALLY did though. I read posts of people getting clear bras thrown in, or car alarms, or this or that.... So really, I do not know how I did compared to others.

One thins, I had better get floor mats! It 100% totally dumbfounds me that the car does not come with them!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ottos throws in BMW floor mats free of charge.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroday View Post
Ottos throws in BMW floor mats free of charge.
No they don't. They also try to screw you with $165 detail fees. I told them I was really pissed at this and they only removed the detail fee (gee thanks, I can wash my car for about $1 in supplies) but they STILL won't remove the charge for floor mats. Pretty rediculous...I mean, I can't imagine I got THAT good of a killer price that they can't give up another $130.
I'm going to whine for some other free crap when I go to pick it up to make up for this BS. Some keychains and hats or something.
:mad:
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #13
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
No they don't. They also try to screw you with $165 detail fees. I told them I was really pissed at this and they only removed the detail fee (gee thanks, I can wash my car for about $1 in supplies) but they STILL won't remove the charge for floor mats. Pretty rediculous...I mean, I can't imagine I got THAT good of a killer price that they can't give up another $130.
I'm going to whine for some other free crap when I go to pick it up to make up for this BS. Some keychains and hats or something.
:mad:
They did for me? I wasn't charged a detail fee either?? They also gave me a 30 dollar gift certificate for bmw accessories/service.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #14
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They did for me? I wasn't charged a detail fee either?? They also gave me a 30 dollar gift certificate for bmw accessories/service.
Did you bargain hard for a good deal over invoice? I think I got about as low as they would consider going, so I wasn't going to nix the deal over another $200-$300 in "fees" on top of it, but at least the detail bs is gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #15
Iceberg
Engaged
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

On my last leave, I took my fiance up to Ottos to show her what I'm getting. The CA I worked with, Justice Mogano, was very patient with us, demo'd the i-drive, and let us take a 335i out for a test drive. And I'm not even buying the car from them! I'm using the military purchase system, picking it up at Otto's, and (of course) buying my accessories there.

Justice knows his cars, driving an M3 himself, and had good recommendations based on his personal experiences.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #16
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It's only fair that I provide a closing "review" of my experience, having picked up the car last weekend. Overall I'd honestly give Otto's a 5 out of 5. If I had to nitpick ANYTHING it'd be the little fees tacked on here and there that made me have to go back and negotiate off. I dealt with Joe C. almost a year ago when my search began and was tranfered to Robert F. when Joe switched positions there. Both were really great and on the ball. They let me know the info I needed to know quickly and efficiently. Everything in the whole process was done when it was promised as it was promised. The dealership as a whole seems nicely run.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #17
cindyg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
I bought my car from Kevin Mahoney at Ottos. Great experience all in all but don't expect any great deals from him unless you play hard ball.
I thought Kevin Mahoney was the WORST ever. I just purchased my NINTH car from Ottos and always dealt with Leo but he shifted me to Kevin. I was due to pick up my car the day before Memorial Day and was running late. Apparently Kevin was under the impression that I was working for him and made it clear that he was "annoyed" about my delay. He's an absolute jackass. I still gave an excellent rating but at least now I can vent without hurting anyone's career.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #18
Naxos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Got nothing really bad to say. Otto's was another dealer I contacted via email. Took a couple of days to get back to me but was nice and helped for the few emails we exchanged.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #19
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Got a same day service appointment last week for oil change with just a few hours notice. 9:00 - hey can you fit me in? 1:00 - drop off car, 4:00 - pick up car.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #20
laurenchristine
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i Sedan

I really like Otto's...my boyfriend has purchased his car from there (2007 335i) and I just ordered a car there (2007 328i)...we both went through Doug and he is very helpful. I liked him because he was down to earth and he was around our age (25-30). He is GREAT to work with and very accomodating. I am taking delivery either this weekend or next week :rocks:
      09-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #21
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It belongs in this thread that I need to comment on the Boutique Store in Otto's, since it's certainly part of the dealership. I've dealt with 3 or so different BMW dealer's boutiques, and by FAR the Otto's shop is the best. Not only do they stock way more, but the lady who runs it, Joyce, is awesome. You can tell she really cares, and takes pride in the merchandise and making the customer happy. She's super knoledgable about the products and enthusiastic!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #22
2bmw2
Proficient
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi,step,prem,nav,cw,159

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
+1 and another +1. service for our two cars was spot-on. Prompt service and fair staff.

Only criticism is too many staffers standing around chatting while customers were waiting. If it is your place of work, you should be working not chatting while customers are waiting