BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

01-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
mikethewxguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: ?

Critique my build! Headed to Ramstein in March!

Hey gang

Just wanted to post this today to get some feedback. I am 99% certain that I'm going to place my order here in the next week or so. The only thing holding me back is that I'm more of a "truck guy" and I it has been awhile since I last owned a good car/sedan. I keep telling myself I'll be fine with the M3 and that I won't miss having a truck...now I've just got to commit!

Anyway, here is what I'm wanting to go with:

2011 E90 Sedan M3

Metallic Color: Space Gray
Interior: Black
Interior Trim: Carbon Leather
Premium Package
Cold Wx Package
Technology Package
M Double Clutch 7-spd Transmission
Power Moonroof
iPod/USB Adapter
Smartphone Integration
Park Distance Control
Satellite Radio
Enhanced Premium Sound
Anti-theft Alarm System
Automatic High Beam Assist

I'm tempted w/ Interlagos Blue or Jerez Black...but I'm more of a Space Gray kinda guy

I'm 50/50 on whether to add the 19's...sticking with the 18's for now as I keep reading so many good comments on how good the 18's look coupled with the Space Gray.

I'm working with Pentagon Car Sales in Ramstein currently - and they have been great in my email quest for more information and guidance.

So, anyone see something wrong or have a better recommendation for me?

Thanks!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
rwchrist
CMPULSV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine White

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
I ordered my AW 09 from Matt Hemmer at Pentagon with everything including the 19s. I've had them painted black and think they look good...I like the looks of the 19s better than the 18s, just my opinion. Anyway, only thing I would do different is the color...and I would go IB.

Good luck with whatever you decide...I think either way you will be happy!

2006 Imola Red 6-speed E46 M3 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
mikethewxguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: ?

I'm still comparing colors about every 10 minutes throughout my day

Like the IB...and possibly the LB...but I still keep coming back to SG.

Would love to have the b***s to go with the Fox Red interior...but think that I will stick with the Black N. Leather...that just screams classy to me...

About to update my list to include the 19s...before I do though, any additional comments on how good the 18s look on the Space Gray? That is why I was wanting to stay with the 18s originally.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Welcome - 18's look great on SG. Look here to help you decide -

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191197
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
rwchrist
CMPULSV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine White

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Figuring out which color actually kept me up at nights and was constantly on my mind. If they would of had Imola Red like my E46, it would of been a no brainer. I stuck w/ the AW cuz that's the color I saw it in at the Frankfurt Auto show the year it debuted. I loved it sitting there. I still like the color...just not as much as my Imola Red. Bottom line is what my salesman told me when I was driving him crazy; "it really doesn't matter cuz you will have an E92 M3!" So, don't let the color bother you too much...you will love the car.

On a side note, when you get to Ramstein, get hooked up w/ M-Flight. There are about 100 guys there w/ M cars that get together and do some cool trips. You can actually find some of the dudes on here, if you want to get ahead of the game.

2006 Imola Red 6-speed E46 M3 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

bmw cannot do sunroofs. they always have plastic bits that eventually break in them. unless you really want the hole in your roof i would suggest you opt to go without it. cleans up the lines of the roof on the sedan anyways. sat radio won't work in europe so not sure if you want to keep it if you will be here for a long period of time. i wish the homelink worked on german garage doors. i also wish it were a separate piece instead of integrated into the rear view mirror. the automatic high beams and wipers are the best. love them here in germany. cwp is a must here.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

I agree about the sunroof. I've had them and almost never use them.

Sat Radio is a good add-on but it won't work until you get back to the States. On the plus side, you still get that free year when you go back.

I haven't tried the Homelink on my garage door yet (car's only been in there for 2 hours) but I'm hoping it'll work.

I didn't do the auto high beams. I could swear that if you do you lose the turning headlights.

Instead of the cwp I just did the heated seats and fold down seats separately for no other reason that I despise the look of the headlight washers. Plus they really don't do much but make a mess of the front end of the car.

I added ZPP because I wanted the folding mirrors (a GREAT idea in Germany)and already decided on leather, carbon leather, and assist is mandatory with BT anyway. ZTP got added because I wanted navi and CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
getlucky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan

I went from a 06 F250 with 37 inch tires to my M3
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I agree about the sunroof. I've had them and almost never use them.

Sat Radio is a good add-on but it won't work until you get back to the States. On the plus side, you still get that free year when you go back.

I haven't tried the Homelink on my garage door yet (car's only been in there for 2 hours) but I'm hoping it'll work.

I didn't do the auto high beams. I could swear that if you do you lose the turning headlights.

Instead of the cwp I just did the heated seats and fold down seats separately for no other reason that I despise the look of the headlight washers. Plus they really don't do much but make a mess of the front end of the car.

I added ZPP because I wanted the folding mirrors (a GREAT idea in Germany)and already decided on leather, carbon leather, and assist is mandatory with BT anyway. ZTP got added because I wanted navi and CA.
yeah i was pretty frustrated with the homelink. i even went over to pressath and they tried for several minutes as well. finally a call to munich confirmed the garage door openers in germany and US of course speak different languages (wrong frequency) at least the garage remote fits in the ashtray with the lid closed.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 03:42 AM   #10
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

Really? Yours must be tiny. My ChapStick takes up most of the space in there. lol
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #11
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Hey Mike... check out the pictures on my profile page so you can get an idea for the colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethewxguy View Post
I'm still comparing colors about every 10 minutes throughout my day

Like the IB...and possibly the LB...but I still keep coming back to SG.

Would love to have the b***s to go with the Fox Red interior...but think that I will stick with the Black N. Leather...that just screams classy to me...

About to update my list to include the 19s...before I do though, any additional comments on how good the 18s look on the Space Gray? That is why I was wanting to stay with the 18s originally.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #12
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep

^^^Agreed, this isn't so much a "classy" car as a sports car. Fox Red SCREAMS sports car.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #13
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
No, the auto high beams are not in any way connected to the adaptive xenon headlights. It is just a light sensor and an on/off switch ;-)

So, did you get your car yet?