BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
SPD Patrol Car pacing me tonight

I went out with my wife tonight and on our way home we stopped at the Whole Foods on Westlake to buy some groceries before heading home. When we left the garage, we saw a Crown Vic parked across from the garage. For some reason, as soon as I pulled out of the garage onto 9th, the cop started up his car and started following my car at a distance. Since I live literally a block up the road, I just slowly creeped back to my garage , but I could still see the cop looking at us from a far. This felt really weird and creepy......

Last edited by Kev; 01-20-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

You should check this out buddy, http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341519
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Hmmm.....weird

That is weird and creepy. There's been a few weird occurences going on lately within the Asian community. Think they were following you to do surveillance? Also, you mentioned the vehicle was a crown vic. Was it undercover or a regular patrol car? Just curious.....

***nevermind, I see it was a patrol car. Couldn't have been surveillance then. HAHAHA!***

Last edited by pumper206; 01-22-2010 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: In addition
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Yea, mention by Asian community with cops. I got 2 tickets a while back for $280 and $320 for been an Asian. What can I say??
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
v8amg
Rep
Drives: C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post
Yea, mention by Asian community with cops. I got 2 tickets a while back for $280 and $320 for been an Asian. What can I say??
Plus, your e92 m3 sticks out like a sore thumb from the black/white theme you have man! As hot as it looks, its a total target for east side cops who have nothing to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
M GmbH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 318 Ti Lemons Car

Why in hell would you go home if you know someone is following you?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Really??!?!
So you really think that they gave you ticket for being asian?
That would be racial profiling. You shoulda took down their badge number and reported them. What did they actually cite you for??
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
He prob didn't do anything wrong and since it was the police, not like they gonna jack him or anything. Well, maybe they would but I highly doubt it. Now if it was an unmarked car that would be a little different.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M GmbH View Post
#1 it was a marked SPD car
#2 I live across from the SPD
#3 I did not do anything wrong
#4 It's a locked, private, multilevel garage

So, I do not really feel threatened. I think the cop was trying to find a reason to pull me over for an infarction and possibly wanted to search the car (which I won't consent to anyways), coz both me and my wife look REALLY young for our age (We're both 30, but look 20). I guess you can say that's a little bit of profiling going on.
      01-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8amg View Post
Plus, your e92 m3 sticks out like a sore thumb from the black/white theme you have man! As hot as it looks, its a total target for east side cops who have nothing to do.
Haha, it was a while ago when I got pulled over with our 2000 Toyota Camera completely stock. And the 2nd time was when I spun at a 360 degree and fell into a ditch with 3 broken ribs. The police gave me a ticket for it as well. I didnt hit any other cars or injury anyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
Really??!?!
So you really think that they gave you ticket for being asian?
That would be racial profiling. You shoulda took down their badge number and reported them. What did they actually cite you for??
I kw, b/c I was been told I was an Asian and that's why I got pulled over and ticket.

One night around 7PM, I was drving the family's 2000 Toyota Camera on the I-90 freeway heading home. The speed limit is 60mph and I was driving 65mph. All cars that are around me were way faster than I did. Most them were going over than 70mph at least. Then suddenly, I got pulled over by this white cop. He said I was going over 5mph, then I told him everyone else are going even fast than I do and why not them. The white cop said, "It's b/c you are the slowest car, which it's easier for me to catch you. Also it's b/c you are the only ASIAN". I was like WHAT?? Excause!!! And then he said, "You heard me." I got so piss, then I went off on him and started to cursed at him. Then the white cop threaten me to stop or he will put me in jail for 24~48hrs and pound my car. I asked for his badge numbers, which he doesn't care at all and told me that he will see at the court. I tried to fight for it and went with talk with our family lawer. There isn't much he can do, b/c I have no approval of what the police said to me.

The 2nd times was on my way home after snowboarding at Stevens Pass. I went on an ice and car spun in 360. I fell into ditch and crashed the whole car with 3 other of my friends. No one was injury but me (3 broken ribs). Everyone else were just scratched and some small burns. My whole body was numb and I didnt realize that I had 3 broken ribs. I was still running around and make sure everybody were okay. Then the police came and was inspecting me with the whole situation. All the cars behind me (witness) told the police that I wasn't speedy or doing anything stupid. They all saw me ran over an ice and fell into the ditch. The police didnt take it and took me aside. He gave me a ticket for reckless drving, he said "I think you did it in purposely, b/c all you ASIAN does the same thing". Later I discovered it with my lawer and UW professor, its b/c white cops think we Asian are so greedy in money. And always trying to get into some kind of car accidents for insurance money. That was exactly what I have been told from my UW professors

Last edited by Johnny Lin; 01-23-2010 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
That's quite an incredible statement to make......(bold added by me)...

If you can prove it, you have a clear case for action. If you cannot, maybe shutting up would be the best route to go.
      01-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
That's quite an incredible statement to make......(bold added by me)...

If you can prove it, you have a clear case for action. If you cannot, maybe shutting up would be the best route to go.
Well, tht was exactly what I have been experienced. If you dont kw the truth, then you shouldnt even make any common on this. Besides, telling ppl to shutting up isnt very nice
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha, it was a while ago when I got pulled over with our 2000 Toyota Camera completely stock. And the 2nd time was when I spun at a 360 degree and fell into a ditch with 3 broken ribs. The police gave me a ticket for it as well. I didnt hit any other cars or injury anyone else

I kw, b/c I was been told I was an Asian and that's why I got pulled over and ticket.

One night around 7PM, I was drving the family's 2000 Toyota Camera on the I-90 freeway heading home. The speed limit is 60mph and I was driving 65mph. All cars that are around me were way faster than I did. Most them were going over than 70mph at least. Then suddenly, I got pulled over by this white cop. He said I was going over 5mph, then I told him everyone else are going even fast than I do and why not them. The white cop said, "It's b/c you are the slowest car, which it's easier for me to catch you. Also it's b/c you are the only ASIAN". I was like WHAT?? Excause!!! And then he said, "You heard me." I got so piss, then I went off on him and started to cursed at him. Then the white cop threaten me to stop or he will put me in jail for 24~48hrs and pound my car. I asked for his badge numbers, which he doesn't care at all and told me that he will see at the court. I tried to fight for it and went with talk with our family lawer. There isn't much he can do, b/c I have no approval of what the police said to me.

The 2nd times was on my way home after snowboarding at Stevens Pass. I went on an ice and car spun in 360. I fell into ditch and crashed the whole car with 3 other of my friends. No one was injury but me (3 broken ribs). Everyone else were just scratched and some small burns. My whole body was numb and I didnt realize that I had 3 broken ribs. I was still running around and make sure everybody were okay. Then the police came and was inspecting me with the whole situation. All the cars behind me (witness) told the police that I wasn't speedy or doing anything stupid. They all saw me ran over an ice and fell into the ditch. The police didnt take it and took me aside. He gave me a ticket for reckless drving, he said "I think you did it in purposely, b/c all you ASIAN does the same thing". Later I discovered it with my lawer and UW professor, its b/c white cops think we Asian are so greedy in money. And always trying to get into some kind of car accidents for insurance money. That was exactly what I have been told from my UW professors
next time ask the supervisor to review the dash cam on the cop's car, you might be surprised.
      01-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

if you're not white, you're not right
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
linkinfrost
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm 25 and live above the Whole Foods on Westlake. You might have seen my Silverstone Coupe around. The cops give me dirty stares every time I pull out of the garage. They love to sit in that Starbucks for hours.

I've actually been pretty lucky with SPD so far. Only one small encounter in the M. I pulled onto 520 going pretty quick. A cop drove right up on my bumper (probably 2-3 feet behind me going 70 mph). I slowed down and pulled into the right lane. When he drove up next to me he turned on some side light on the car and put it right in my face (still going 60 or so) then sped off.

East side police on the other hand are rediculous douchebags. It seems like they have nothing better to do than direct traffic 8 hours a day.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
if you're not white, you're not right
Great laugh out of this one.
      01-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinfrost View Post
I'm 25 and live above the Whole Foods on Westlake. You might have seen my Silverstone Coupe around. The cops give me dirty stares every time I pull out of the garage. They love to sit in that Starbucks for hours.

I've actually been pretty lucky with SPD so far. Only one small encounter in the M. I pulled onto 520 going pretty quick. A cop drove right up on my bumper (probably 2-3 feet behind me going 70 mph). I slowed down and pulled into the right lane. When he drove up next to me he turned on some side light on the car and put it right in my face (still going 60 or so) then sped off.

East side police on the other hand are rediculous douchebags. It seems like they have nothing better to do than direct traffic 8 hours a day.
Hey what's up neighbor? I have not seen your car around yet, but I get coffee pretty much every day at that Starbucks before heading to work, so you might catch a glimpse of me there.

I think SPD is fine. It's just this one car that decided to follow me a bit, not a big deal. I'm a resident at Harborview so I see them day in and day out.
      01-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:

^^^ Yea, SPD are usually cool but they have their moments. And Eastside cops are mos def douche bags. I speak from experience. I've had to visit numerous courts on the eastside. Redmond, Issaquah, Bellevue, and Renton.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #19
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
^^^ Yea, SPD are usually cool but they have their moments. And Eastside cops are mos def douche bags. I speak from experience. I've had to visit numerous courts on the eastside. Redmond, Issaquah, Bellevue, and Renton.
I got a ticket while test driving a TT-S in Bellevue. I fought it in court and won
      01-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #20
linkinfrost
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I got a ticket while test driving a TT-S in Bellevue. I fought it in court and won
Obviously you made the right choice not buying the TT
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Obviously you made the right choice not buying the TT
Ha, a smart and great decision
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Nice. That never happens for me unless I have a lawyer.
Appreciate 0