E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > V4 owners/testers

01-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

V4 owners/testers

Are any of you in central/ south jersey/pa? Curious because i do want to try it out, and would like for you to try mine..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Hrm
Mods: (All OEM) | BMW Performance CF Splitters | BMW Blackline Taillights | BMW Rear Deck Spoiler | BMW Performance Auto Shift Knob and Alcantara Boot | BMW Black Dakota Leather Split Folding Armrest | BMW Euro Fog Light Switch | BMW Style 193M Wheels | BMW Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills | BMW Front Clear Bra | BMW Performance Steering Wheel (non-elec)

Last edited by vgame64; 01-25-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
LostMarine
Banned
Rep

noone?

If noone else is local, (cn555i i know your close but not that close.. )maybe since Shiv is jersey raised he can hit me up when he's in town..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If you want to come down to where I am, I would gladly let you take a ride....I am right off the Verrazano Bridge...Let me know....Isn't ALex running the Procede tune also?? He was when he installed my Meth kit about a month ago..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
LostMarine
Banned
Rep

your close to 2 hours N of me, thats why i was looking for someone a bit closer. he has it but also meth and i belive 6MT so not a real comparison. looking for as close as possible
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
your close to 2 hours N of me, thats why i was looking for someone a bit closer. he has it but also meth and i belive 6MT so not a real comparison. looking for as close as possible
You can still feel the power regardless if its MT...Cruise until you get to 3rd gear and then pull from there, also do partial throttle from third to WOT....Its not identical to your setup, but it can give you a sense of the target boost logic that REVII is incorporating.....Either way, if your ever near the vicinity, give me a pm...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
LostMarine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
You can still feel the power regardless if its MT...Cruise until you get to 3rd gear and then pull from there, also do partial throttle from third to WOT....Its not identical to your setup, but it can give you a sense of the target boost logic that REVII is incorporating.....Either way, if your ever near the vicinity, give me a pm...
its not the power that im worried about (i already know how nice power is ), if V4 addded power, thats great but its the part throttle, low rpm daily driving- part throttle to full throttle and everything in between that i would like to test and it would not be an even match to compare AT and MT having not owning MT and being very familiar with the habits of a 2.0 AT myself

if we can get close to eachother i will def hit up up, as it looks like thats most likely gonna happen since noone else is chiming in
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
its not the power that im worried about (i already know how nice power is ), if V4 addded power, thats great but its the part throttle, low rpm daily driving- part throttle to full throttle and everything in between that i would like to test and it would not be an even match to compare AT and MT having not owning MT and being very familiar with the habits of a 2.0 AT myself

if we can get close to eachother i will def hit up up, as it looks like thats most likely gonna happen since noone else is chiming in
I have similar setup as you except for FMIC (which soon I will be getting HPF FMIC), but I do have meth setup already....So yeah, I guess I am the only one that will be close to your setup as for performance...We will get together soon I am sure! Worst case scenario is give V4 a shot, and if you don't like it just return it, but if you do the resale value of your JB 2.0 is at its highest point right now, so you won't lose money at all...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
LostMarine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have similar setup as you except for FMIC (which soon I will be getting HPF FMIC), but I do have meth setup already....So yeah, I guess I am the only one that will be close to your setup as for performance...We will get together soon I am sure! Worst case scenario is give V4 a shot, and if you don't like it just return it, but if you do the resale value of your JB 2.0 is at its highest point right now, so you won't lose money at all...
LOL you shady dog! Im aware of return policies but feel that this whole comparison is a merely a moot point anyway. As much as i would try to convice people that i am going to post an un-biased review, noone would believe me since i don't "own" both. As i see it, 2.0 provides everything i need from a tune at a much lower cost, allowing me to do things like LSD/meth/ new rims/paint-bodywork. i have been through 5 upgrades with JB series already, total cost $450, $520 if including 02 simms (V2 and V3). $600 if you include BT tool. what would my total cost be if i started with Vishnu product?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL you shady dog! Im aware of return policies but feel that this whole comparison is a merely a moot point anyway. As much as i would try to convice people that i am going to post an un-biased review, noone would believe me since i don't "own" both. As i see it, 2.0 provides everything i need from a tune at a much lower cost, allowing me to do things like LSD/meth/ new rims/paint-bodywork. i have been through 5 upgrades with JB series already, total cost $450, $520 if including 02 simms (V2 and V3). $600 if you include BT tool. what would my total cost be if i started with Vishnu product?
Well your lucky because I have invested over 2000+ with Vishnu platform, that is significantly much less than you have invested with BMS with the upgrades....It would probably cost you somewhere around 900~, but if you do like what you tasted with the V4, you can recoupe at least 400 bills with your JB3 2.0 tune and it would cost you total of 500~

Nah man...we can make it happen for you to test the V4 on my car, when the weather gets nicer and maybe when you get your meth kit installed at Alex's garage, maybe I can come down and meet up with you there also when I get my FMIC installed there..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
LostMarine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well your lucky because I have invested over 2000+ with Vishnu platform, that is significantly much less than you have invested with BMS with the upgrades....It would probably cost you somewhere around 900~, but if you do like what you tasted with the V4, you can recoupe at least 400 bills with your JB3 2.0 tune and it would cost you total of 500~

Nah man...we can make it happen for you to test the V4 on my car, when the weather gets nicer and maybe when you get your meth kit installed at Alex's garage, maybe I can come down and meet up with you there also when I get my FMIC installed there..
i can probably get more than that sonsidering i could sell it with 2.0 and DP fix 3.0. $500 isn't bad, but thats 1/4 of my LSD fund, and im on a short schedule to get everything in before this season opens.

i believe AKMotorwerks is trying to schedule me in at the end of the 1st week of Feb. so ill keep you informed so maybe we can set something up
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WINTRBO View Post
I have V4, also pretty close to ft dix.. pm me and we can set it up
he wants to test a V4 on a fully modded car and I think trying it out on a just tune will not give him a true perception of the feel and performance of the car...OP is modded to the balls!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
Donald-335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Hoes Crazy!

would you like to just go for a ride in a faster car period... steve?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

lol donalds car is crazy fast...i can vouch to that, even i have a hard time keeping up
and steve got banned broski

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0