Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Winter Tires.. Options?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Gonzo05
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW E90

Winter Tires.. Options?

I have a 06 325i with sport package, and have a nail in the rear tire (found out today) anyway I am considering buying used Conti Pro Contacts with 4700 miles on them to kill the following two birds: Upgrade to winter-ready tires for the upcoming German snow season (I know that they are not full winter tires but they are rated for light snow) thus following the letter of the German law that strongly suggests or requires winter tires AND replacing the damaged tire that cant be fixed (local garages wont patch a v rated tire) The conti pros are the same size for all four and I am replacing the sport set where the rear tires are wider then the front. Will this make a difference or damage anything? Will my sports package/ preformance be reduced? Is the German law about winter tires in effect? and if so will I be covered by the all season conti pros? I appreciate the feedback

Chris in Wiesbaden Germany
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
gos
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

I don't think they'll mount properly on a staggered set of wheels...