Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help! non-iDrive flat tire monitor reset

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Help! non-iDrive flat tire monitor reset

I'm on the road in California and picked up a nail.. just got it repaired and have set my tire pressures properly, but can't seem to reinitialize the flat tire monitor. When I select it and hit the "in" button on the stalk, the arrow goes out and I move forward, but in seconds the error icon comes back up.. seems like it doesn't even try to reinitialize. Pressures are all OK so it's not another flat. What am I doing wrong or not doing? Can't find the non-iDrive manual online and I don't have it in the car.. thanks!
      10-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hold the "in" button in , till it says it has initialised
      10-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Duh! I tried holding it in but not *quite* long enough.. figured it out right after leaving this message.

NOT a fun experience to see your FTM idiot light while blasting down a SoCal freeway at rush hour, running JUST on time to an important business appointment. Hoped that it might be an erroneous indication.. got out and checked tires one at a time, and last one I checked, left rear, was the culprit - nail right in the center of the tread area, and pressure down to about 24 psi, meaning at least that I wasn't compromising the sidewalls. On customer's suggestion, hit a new "import auto salon" type of joint right around the corner from his office called "Autobacs" (Japanese firm that's ready to open a ton of these places in the USA). TOTAL red carpet treatment! Tech knew right away that there was a special patch technique required for Toyo RFT's, called and confirmed the info, then patched & remounted the tire for a grand total of $14.95 and had us on our way within an hour. Awesome.

You guys in SoCal should check this place out, TONS of cool stuff, VERY friendly employees.. it's in Garden Grove on Beach Blvd..

http://world.autobacs.com/store/usa.html