ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Good detail shop found in west LA/ Santa Monica

All -

If you are looking for a good detail shop [ not a car wash, garage, or mobile "crew"] I can recommend International Detail in west LA. They are near Olympic and Barrington.

They spent a day on my Z4M including a polish with 3M sealer and wax in their building. The results were excellent. I have never seen such great depth out of sapphire black. They removed all the light scratches and holograms and even wiped down the main items in the engine bay.

I had some stone chips on my wheels and they brought in a sub-contractor to repair them at additional cost. This guy did a flawless job - precision sand, repaint and clear coat to match the rest of the wheel. I'm a stickler for details and I can't fault their work.

Cost was reasonable, in the low $200 range. Granted, the z4 is a smallish car and mine has a full bumper and hood 'clear bra' so ~40% of the surface area required no polishing.

Overall they did a great job.

International Detail, 2266 Barry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (310) 312-8989‎.

Last edited by blender; 06-04-2010 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
blkbmw92
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

I used Rob at 310 tint down by the airport. He tinted my windows on both cars, he also detailed my roadster including buff for around the same price. I have the sapphire black also and it really looks amazing when its that clean
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

bump ....second detail from International Detail today..equally great results. They are a dedicated detail shop, not a garage or tint shop or anything else. They stay in business through great detailing. Freddie knows a lot about the chemistry of polish and wax. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 0