BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
jwellsiii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i SG 6MT

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up Shout out to Bruce @ BRracing & Rob @ UUC

Had a little bit of a snag with my UUC SSK install: the parts from UUC weren't assembled correctly. Stuff happens, but needless to say I was pissed.

Well, I gotta say this, Bruce @ BRracing really set this straight. He didn't charge me for the botched install, and then worked on my behalf with Rob from UUC to make this right.

CDV + clutch stop + UUC SSK and my car shifts really nicely (as it should). But, today, I received the new RK7 knob and now it is perfect. Backhanding is so much better than with the stock M-sport knob, and the shifts just flick into gear.

The guys at BR will work really hard with other vendors to make your car right. I probably overheard a conversation with another vendor at the shop that I shouldn't have (another car)... but let me say this: I will forever trust BR as my advocate with parts vendors.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Hiya,

That's good to hear.

Do you have the UUC DSSR piece as well? Were there any problems fitting this?

Cheers

Jack
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
jwellsiii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i SG 6MT

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
I do have the DSSR. You'd have to ask Bruce @ BR if there were any problems installing... they did it while I waited and they didn't mention any issues. I don't feel anything negative with the DSSR: no problems in first or second. Second is quite a bit notchy, but I like that. Makes the motion very distinct.

I drove the car for a week before I got the new knob. I wouldn't do the SSK without the knob. I almost thought it was a step backwards after CDV, but with the knob it is now perfect.
Appreciate 0