Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > I need winter rims/rubber recommendation - Toronto, GTA

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

I need winter rims/rubber recommendation - Toronto, GTA

Hi, guys/gals

I need help. Winter in Toronto is approaching fast so I need a winter setup. I have 330i sport pack, so I need 17 inchers and blizzaks possibly (225/45/17) I am looking for recommendations on which shops in GTA have a lot of rims to choose from and give good prices for the combo.
My dealer quote me 3 grand + taxes. That is very expensive, and their winter rims are...well, not so nice.
I would love to get 17 inch CSL rims, replicas ofcourse and some good rubber. However I am not very picky as long the rims looks ....hot

Thanks for any inputs,

Drive hard!

Thinking of F80
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

I went to a place called tire 3000 (9833 Highway #48, Markham) last weekend and ordered a winter set of wheels and tires. I got some replica 17" BMW wheels and dunlop winter sport M3 run flat tires. Whole package (4 rims and 4 tires) came to $2000 canadian including taxes, fitting on the car etc. I'll be going back to pick them up next w/e and I'll let you know how they did.

By the way I only looked through the catalog briefly, but I think the replica's look like this.

I asked at my dealer about their package as well and was quoted the same price and since I've got the 330xi I'd get another set of the same wheels I have now and I fancied a change for winter...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Sheds
I went to a place called tire 3000 (9833 Highway #48, Markham) last weekend and ordered a winter set of wheels and tires. I got some replica 17" BMW wheels and dunlop winter sport M3 run flat tires. Whole package (4 rims and 4 tires) came to $2000 canadian including taxes, fitting on the car etc. I'll be going back to pick them up next w/e and I'll let you know how they did.

By the way I only looked through the catalog briefly, but I think the replica's look like this.

I asked at my dealer about their package as well and was quoted the same price and since I've got the 330xi I'd get another set of the same wheels I have now and I fancied a change for winter...

THX, I will check them out.

Thinking of F80
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I picked up my 330i with Sport package back in February and went straight to pick up my winter tire and wheel combo right after taking delivery of my car since the 162's wouldnt go far in the snow. I got 17inch BMW replicas (see my garage for a pic) on Hankook W300 Icebear tires for about $1600 out the door. The tires did a good job last winter. The place I got them from is in Oakville....Burlington Tire Sales. Apparently they do a lot of business with Budds BMW. Give them a call.
      10-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I picked up my 330i with Sport package back in February and went straight to pick up my winter tire and wheel combo right after taking delivery of my car since the 162's wouldnt go far in the snow. I got 17inch BMW replicas (see my garage for a pic) on Hankook W300 Icebear tires for about $1600 out the door. The tires did a good job last winter. The place I got them from is in Oakville....Burlington Tire Sales. Apparently they do a lot of business with Budds BMW. Give them a call.
THX, will do

Thinking of F80
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
FNV
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330xi

I picked up some nice bavaria rims from www.fastco.ca out of an Ottawa shop, however you can order it from any other dealer. Rims and Cooper Avalanche tires for less than $1450 installed. I'm real happy with them so far. You can see the rims on-line on their web page.
Appreciate 0