E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > noob question, but here it goes...

02-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

noob question, but here it goes...

Im currently driving a 2oo8 coupe and considering options for my vehicle once the warranty has expired...

Im assuming you can chip the engine, but to what degree...what are the safest mods and what is someone looking to spend for them. Most of all, is the HP added even worthwhile messing around with the engine to begin with.

Thanks in advance,

J.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Your telling me you've been on this site long enough to post 740 times and know NOTHING about chip/tuning your car?? I'm not trying to be a d*ckhead but WTF have u been doing here? LOL

search my friend. I bet u can click the "performance/mod" section and find your answers in under 2 mins...

As far as not having a warranty anymore, I'd go with a JB3 chip/tune and everything else that goes with it (downpipes, intakes, exhaust). It'll give u the most power and is real cheap compared to Dinan. It's safe and easy to install as well.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Your telling me you've been on this site long enough to post 740 times and know NOTHING about chip/tuning your car?? I'm not trying to be a d*ckhead but WTF have u been doing here? LOL

search my friend. I bet u can click the "performance/mod" section and find your answers in under 2 mins...

As far as not having a warranty anymore, I'd go with a JB3 chip/tune and everything else that goes with it (downpipes, intakes, exhaust). It'll give u the most power and is real cheap compared to Dinan. It's safe and easy to install as well.

Good luck.
he cant go with none of the stuff you told him, becasue from his profile it shows that he has a 328i, so pretty much you can get intake, exhaust,and the bms powerbox. and you wont get that much power out of you NA engine.
hope this helps bro
      02-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
he cant go with none of the stuff you told him, becasue from his profile it shows that he has a 328i, so pretty much you can get intake, exhaust,and the bms powerbox. and you wont get that much power out of you NA engine.
hope this helps bro
+1. AFE intake, exhaust and bms pbx for starters is good.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Cosmop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:

^^^
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post

Good luck.
Lmao, ya... i know bro, its damn near pathetic. Since i was young, i had always wanted a BMW I could have stepped up to the 335 and got more power, but decided that the esthetics would be good enough for me. Ive never been a big HP junkie or anything, but down the road i wouldnt mind adding a lil bit more bang for the buck.

Thanks for the info, ill store that away for my non warranty days... any idea how much HP that will add to the mix, and/or the cost of these items (roughly) ................. are there any things i can do UNDER warranty, im assuming NOT.

ps. when i do searches, i generally dont find them that helpful....maybe i simply dont know how to utilize it properly. Figured it might be safer to keep it recent.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
hope this helps bro
Sorry i didnt realize he had the 328i. i ASSUMED since he mentioned CHIP, that he had a 335i. i didnt even glance at his profile which i should have.

but yea basically with a NA engine your not gonna see substantial gains in HP. but you can do little bolt ons that can help. forget the JB3 i mentioned thats for 335's...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

JB3 and you wont regret it
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Lol, so much for people reading threads anymore.
      02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

He probably browes in the photo gallery all day.
Appreciate 0