ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

▀▄ eas - Rogue Engineering - Performance Clutch Systems for your Z4M Roadster/Coupe

Gentlemen,

Rogue has been known to make excellent products for the E46 M3 world, so they've decided to move that along to the Z4M Coupes and Roadsters. With their products in current BMW Race cars, their race inspired clutches certainly exceeded that expectation.

Rogue Engineering joined with JB Racing to bring you the most inclusive and highest quality line of clutch systems available. In the past, we have used multiple flywheel manufacturers, constantly improving the design and quality. JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheels are designed and manufactured to the same exacting standards and precision our customers expect and offer unique and significant features not found in competitive brands.

There are significant benefits of an Rogue Engineering Performance Clutch System (PCS) over a factory dual-mass flywheel setup are numerous. Some benefits include:

- Lighter total weight, allowing engine to more rapidly transfer power
- Longer lasting friction materials
- Elimination of SAC (Self Adjusting Clutch) mechanism on factory pressure plate
- More consistent, predictable clutch engagement
- Ability to handle more power than factory setup

Specifications:
- 10lb weight savings over factory e46 M3 system
- CNC machined to factory dimensions for a exact fit
- Replaceable, hardened, heat-treated steel friction surface
- Helicoil inserts for pressure plate bolts (prevents bolts from stripping)
- Enlarged dowel hole, like factory flywheel (where applicable)
- Flywheel gaul plate and replacement 10.9 flywheel bolts
- Replacement pressure plate bolts
- Completely zero balanced
- Manufactured to exacting specifications, to accept our patented semi-metallic backed sprung hub disc
- Stepped dowel pins means that they can never come out!

If your vehicle continues to have sluggish throttle response, poor acceleration, or is due for a clutch replacement, a Rogue Engineering Performance Clutch System can be your ticket to renewing more fun from your BMW!

Rogue Engineering - Performance Clutch System (PCS) - Z4M-Roadster/Coupe
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2760

Models Supported:
2006-2009 Z4M Roadster/Coupe

If you have any questions in regards to the clutch set up, please feel free to contact me directly via PM, email, or simply just give me a call to my extension.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Do you guys know for certain if the clutch disc is the same as the e46 M3 or not in terms of spline count?
      03-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
david @ eas
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Do you guys know for certain if the clutch disc is the same as the e46 M3 or not in terms of spline count?
They're actually not the same, strangely enough. Part number for OE Clutch is only meant for M Roadster and M Coupes, not E46 M3's. You would assume they're the same right? Guess not.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
They're actually not the same, strangely enough. Part number for OE Clutch is only meant for M Roadster and M Coupes, not E46 M3's. You would assume they're the same right? Guess not.
Actually I have never assumed they were the same and have known the part number was different for a long time. But BMW has separate part numbers for compatible parts all the time.

The diameter is the same obviously, I've been trying to figure out if the splin count for the input shaft was the same or not. I know the pressure plate and flywheel are the same.

I'm trying to figure out if we are stock with the ZHP 6 speeds input shaft splines or not.
      03-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
david @ eas
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Actually I have never assumed they were the same and have known the part number was different for a long time. But BMW has separate part numbers for compatible parts all the time.

The diameter is the same obviously, I've been trying to figure out if the splin count for the input shaft was the same or not. I know the pressure plate and flywheel are the same.

I'm trying to figure out if we are stock with the ZHP 6 speeds input shaft splines or not.
I'll tell you what, I should have this information come Monday. I'll double check with one my Z4M experts and I'll get back to you
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
EMP07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Can I get a quote for the Z4m, just the flywheel and the package?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0