E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Military Sales Ship from Cali

02-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
gucci22
Private First Class
Iraq
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Military Sales Ship from Cali

I know there are a few out there that did military sales. Quick question now that I'm back on isle...

Received email today that said M arrived Cali (Port H) and takes 4-6 weeks to clear customs and ag; now since it's getting put on another vessel to Hono, WTF does that mean to me as far as delivery?

Same email also asked a few questions like address, contact info, and...wait for it, desired delivery date!?!? I replied, Are you serious...yesterday or soonest thereafter! Hope that wasn't too rude!

Anyway, input from previous experience would be great. Thanks guys and see you at Hella if you go.
g
'05 G35 6MT | Silver/Black (SOLD)
'01 328ci Step | Blue/Beige (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci22 View Post
I know there are a few out there that did military sales. Quick question now that I'm back on isle...

Received email today that said M arrived Cali (Port H) and takes 4-6 weeks to clear customs and ag; now since it's getting put on another vessel to Hono, WTF does that mean to me as far as delivery?

Same email also asked a few questions like address, contact info, and...wait for it, desired delivery date!?!? I replied, Are you serious...yesterday or soonest thereafter! Hope that wasn't too rude!

Anyway, input from previous experience would be great. Thanks guys and see you at Hella if you go.
g
Congrats on your purchase. Once your car leaves Port H it only takes about 4-5 days to get here. You can actually track the ship via Matson's website.

Once it arrives, it'll take a few days to leave the port and arrive at your dealer. After that, it'll take a day or two for the dealer to prep it. Then, you should receive a call to come pick up your new baby. They'll have it in the showroom waiting for you. They'll run through an orientation about your car, then it's all yours to enjoy.

Finally, put on 1200 miles so you can open her up. Enjoy!