E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car was in dealers today..

02-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Car was in dealers today..

for them to try and identify my idle problem (vibration/shaking at idle, very slight just but can be worse) anyways, apparently it's not that bad for them to look at further so they are getting in a BMW tech guy to look at it.

Anybody had experience with these guys??

Also, they service supervisor said he could feel it and so did the guy from BMW emergency who came out last night to sort another problem I had but they dont seem to think it's that bad, although they dont have to live with the car...where do I stand with this??
It is also at the back of my mind aswell that my warrenty is up in June and known my luck it will go pop after then.
      02-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
MO_1
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D M SPORT

Garage List
I have exactly the same problem. Do the revs go up slightly aswell. Mine has even cut out on me a few times. It only seems to do it when the car has been sitting for a few hours though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
for them to try and identify my idle problem (vibration/shaking at idle, very slight just but can be worse) anyways, apparently it's not that bad for them to look at further so they are getting in a BMW tech guy to look at it.

Anybody had experience with these guys??

Also, they service supervisor said he could feel it and so did the guy from BMW emergency who came out last night to sort another problem I had but they dont seem to think it's that bad, although they dont have to live with the car...where do I stand with this??
It is also at the back of my mind aswell that my warrenty is up in June and known my luck it will go pop after then.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_1 View Post
I have exactly the same problem. Do the revs go up slightly aswell. Mine has even cut out on me a few times. It only seems to do it when the car has been sitting for a few hours though.
Now and again the revs hunt but thats ok for a £25k car.

My 10 year old Astra diesel doesnt do it.

Mine has never cut out but the other week I thought it was going to, another excuse they gave me was that the compressor works all the time and it may be that cutting in and out giving me the vibration idle problem...then why did it only just start doing after abpprox 1 1/2 years of owner ship.
      04-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
azza2907
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d High Line Sport Line

Garage List
2008 320D  [0.00]
Mine has also done this a few times now.

A vibration that shakes the whole car, for approx 20 - 30 seconds.

Is this what also happens to you.

My car is also approx 1.5 years old
Appreciate 0