E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Sunroof Not Closing Flush

02-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
P'cisT
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sunroof Not Closing Flush

Has anyone had this problem? I noticed today the when I put the sunroof on auto close, the rear is raised a tiny bit. This bothers my OCD. I tried to recalibrate by holding the raise button for 60 seconds or so but no fix.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
opdare01
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E92 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'cisT View Post
Has anyone had this problem? I noticed today the when I put the sunroof on auto close, the rear is raised a tiny bit. This bothers my OCD. I tried to recalibrate by holding the raise button for 60 seconds or so but no fix.
I drive a 335i and there are two positions for the button.

Sunfroof is Opened: Push and hold the button softly towards the back of the car to close the sunroof.

Sunroof is Closed: If you push the sunroof button toward the front softly nothing will happen since it is already closed. If you push it even harder and hear a click it will open the sunroof entirely.

Sunroof is Raised: If you push and hold the sunroof button toward the front softly it will start to close. If you push the sunroof button toward the front hard, it will automatically open up entirely.

Raising the Sunroof: No matter what position you are in, push and holding the sunroof button upwards will raise the sunroof.

I think I got this right.
2009 335i E92 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | M-Tech Kit | M3 Lip Spoiler | BMW Black Grilles | BMW PE | Dinan S2| BSH OCC | Sport Package | Premium Package | Logic7 | iDrive | VMR 19" V710 Gunmetal | Sports Steering Wheel w/ Paddle Shifters | Tinted Windows | GP Thunder 8500K V2 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
P'cisT
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opdare01 View Post
I drive a 335i and there are two positions for the button.

Sunfroof is Opened: Push and hold the button softly towards the back of the car to close the sunroof.

Sunroof is Closed: If you push the sunroof button toward the front softly nothing will happen since it is already closed. If you push it even harder and hear a click it will open the sunroof entirely.

Sunroof is Raised: If you push and hold the sunroof button toward the front softly it will start to close. If you push the sunroof button toward the front hard, it will automatically open up entirely.

Raising the Sunroof: No matter what position you are in, push and holding the sunroof button upwards will raise the sunroof.

I think I got this right.
Yes, that is correct.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #4
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

While that might be correct, what does it have to do with the Op's problem? He didn't say he didn't know how to operate his roof...

OP - I'd recommend taking it to the dealer - I believe they can adjust that for you. That would drive me crazy too...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Just got home and tried closing the sunroof and it didn't close flush. Its about a quarter of an inch too low. Plan on going to the dealer tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0