BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Kre-Alkalyn

03-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Kre-Alkalyn

Anyone had experience with this product? Just picked some up yesterday and am giving it a go. Supposed to have many of the positive effects of creatine without many of the downsides (loading, bloating, cycling).

Want to hear personal experiences. I have a buddy who swears by this stuff. As some of you know I started using a whey protein/creatine blend and have liked it so am now going to strictly whey protein with a seperate creatine supplement.

For those of you who don't know what it is:

1. What is it and where does it come from?

Kre-Alkalyn is "buffered creatine" that does not convert into creatinine prior to reaching skeletal muscle tissue. Kre-Alkalyn is a nutritional supplement that comes in powder form. It is packaged in a purple caplet that can be administered orally.

Kre-Alkalyn is manufactured by All American Pharmaceutical Corporation and is registered under United States patent 6,399,661.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Kre-Alkalyn is believed to have the benefits of regular creatine, without the associated side-effects of creatine monohydrate use. The efficacy and safety of creatine monohydrate is well established in scientific literature and thus Kre-Alaklyn is believed to have the same ergogenic abilities and safety profile.

Manufacturer product information states that Kre-Alkalyn is processed at a higher PH level than regular creatine monohydrate. It is believed that the conversion of creatine to creatinine is a function of PH level and that conversion of creatine into the waste product creatinine can be halted by PH level manipulation during the manufacture process.

Slowing or stopping the conversion of creatine to creatinine may help the body absorb more creatine, thus lowering the dosages required for beneficial results. This can result in an economic savings for the consumer as less creatine will be required for the same results.

Anecdotal evidence for Kre-Alkalyn has been mostly positive. Many users report a decrease in water retention and the elimination of the infamous "creatine bloat." Many users also report immediate results and the elimination of the "loading" phase normally required for regular creatine monohydrate use.
      03-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep

A good review of the product:
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/cr...n-creatine.htm
      03-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Well sir I read the review of this product and while it states great things I would still pass. Yes the water bloating and loading phase are two things associated with creatine but its not all bad. A. Anything with a loading phase is good because your just allowing your body proper time to adjust to the introduction of a substance or levels of something not normal to the body. B. One good thing that comes out of the bloating is more water gets flushed into the system therefore more oxygen and nutrients can be carried in as well as in the blood. So any NO product and creatine help create a great pump ( like arnold sex its like cumming in the gym). Just my two cents but let me know who it works Im always glad to hear first hand accounts from unbaised sources.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Sound like an asian man saying Clay Aiken

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Well sir I read the review of this product and while it states great things I would still pass. Yes the water bloating and loading phase are two things associated with creatine but its not all bad. A. Anything with a loading phase is good because your just allowing your body proper time to adjust to the introduction of a substance or levels of something not normal to the body. B. One good thing that comes out of the bloating is more water gets flushed into the system therefore more oxygen and nutrients can be carried in as well as in the blood. So any NO product and creatine help create a great pump ( like arnold sex its like cumming in the gym). Just my two cents but let me know who it works Im always glad to hear first hand accounts from unbaised sources.
A) I'd tend to disagree with that statement. I think the loading phase is not good since it's actually introducing MORE substance into your body that it's not used to. Essentially doubling or trippling the dose for a week to get the effects moving. With Kre-Alkalyn there is supposedly no loading phase and it can start to work immediately at a regular dosage. The other thing is you actually take LESS creatine with Kre-alkalyn because it's PH buffered, and more of the creatine you take makes it to your muscle. As much of it doesn't turn into creatinine (BAD for you!). 1.5g of kre-alkalyn has been compared to 10g of creatine monohydrate as far as efficiency goes, so I'd tend to think this product is actually safer.

B) This product should be getting the same amount of water into the muscles, it just shouldn't be bloating the stomach area, which I noticed the creatine monohydrate started to do.

I'm on my 3rd day of this stuff, so I'll definitely let everyone know how it works. It's gotten rave reviews from the guys I know who've taken it.
      03-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Tried it , didnt see much results.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

well i see what you mean, i belive that there is a point to the loading phase. Yea you do get bloated this is true. Just out of curiosity what monohydrate was it? I took regular stuff straight from pro source called syntrhax w/ Arginine. I saw very little bloating. Well Im eager to here what you say about this product. Keep us posted and happy lifting!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
Alias
dork
Rep
Drives: //M

When I used to work out I took Torrent PWO

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/torr.html

ON off days I took Universal Storm

Out of all the supplements Ive taken Torrent made the biggest impact
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep

Thought I would update a month into it. I've been very happy with this product!! I've been noticing the same effects as the creatine monohydrate even though the serving size is much less. There was no loading phase and the best thing about it is my creatine bloat disappeaered! I had what looked like an extra 3-4 lbs around my belly on the monohydrate, which took maybe a week to disappear after switching products.

This product is inexpensive compared to many monohydrates as well. A $30 bottle will supply you for 2 months. 1 pill pre-workout and 1 pill post-workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Yea you do get bloated this is true. Just out of curiosity what monohydrate was it? I took regular stuff straight from pro source called syntrhax w/ Arginine. I saw very little bloating. Well Im eager to here what you say about this product. Keep us posted and happy lifting!
I'm not sure as to the monohydrate name. It was a propriatary blend from GNC. I wasn't too kean on how it didn't mix well with water, as well for it to be most effective you really want to avoid mixing it with water. Blech! I didn't think there was much bloat from it but once I switched I noticed "3-4 lbs" drop from my tummy.
      07-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Just bought a bottle of Kre-Alkalyn. Heard rave reviews about it and there's no loading period.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

it's awesome shit, ive been using it for a couple months. helped me pack on mass, exactly what i was looking for
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

ive been wanting to try this so i went into GNC the other day to get it, and the guy actually talked me out of it, he was saying a whole lot of bad things about it and how its not as good as regular creatine etc etc so i just decided to get the jack3d that i needed and think more about this kre alkalyn..so everyone here who has used it has gotten good results? looking for some more input before i buy. thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I've been using it a good 4 months now. No sideaffects for me so far. I definitely am bigger when taking it.
      08-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

That product is ok.. I tried a couple years back, it had some results,but nothing spectacular. I strayed away from it and have been using Size-on as my creatine supplement and I must say fom creatine supp, Size-on by far has been my favorite and also have shown the most gains.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

yea i passed on this product for now..i take jack3d as preworkout with monster milk protein after, i just started on volumaize during workouts and so far so good, im trying to put on maybe 10-15lbs of muscle but still want to remain lean so i think ill stay away from a direct creatine supplement for now. And of course a good multi vitamin everyday.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Been taking it for about now with Tech X Mass and I'm really satisfied with the results so far. Will continue taking them.
Appreciate 0