E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > what lead to connect iphone to idrive?

03-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
timcrighton73
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M sport

what lead to connect iphone to idrive?

Hi

I have a new e90 (2010) with latest idrive and want to download all my songs from my iphone onto the hard drive.

Can anyone tell me what lead I need for this? I can see that the input is just a normal round audio input in the drivers arm rest but not sure after googling for leads whether I need the same input at the other end or need the proper "fatter" end

any links so i can buy for uk delivery much appreciated

plus any tips on how to get the best out of the idrive.....can you download music vids to watch? (parked up of course...:-))

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Welcome to the forum, you cannot do an iphone 'dump' to the cars hard drive. To put music on the hard drive you have two options.
1 - Put all your music on a cd / dvd and put it into the drive, you can then rip it to the hard drive.
2 - Put your music on a usb stick and plug it into the usb port in the glove box to import it to the hard drive.

You cannot copy movies to the hard drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Welcome to the forum, you cannot do an iphone 'dump' to the cars hard drive. To put music on the hard drive you have two options.
1 - Put all your music on a cd / dvd and put it into the drive, you can then rip it to the hard drive.
2 - Put your music on a usb stick and plug it into the usb port in the glove box to import it to the hard drive.

+1
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post

Actually, you can load iPod songs into the HDD...

Quote:

Copying music data from audio devices such as an MP3 players or iPods using the USB connection is possible although not advisable. The folders and file structure of the MP3 player are also copied when copying music files from these devices.

Just the other day I loaded all my songs from my Motorola Droid into the HDD and the iPod is no different, USB-wise.
Appreciate 0