ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster

MD: No Front License Plates [LAW]

A Maryland congressman is making a motion to eliminate the front license plate requirement. Let’s help him!!

The story is here: http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...StoryID=102089

Summary of FNP article: Delegate Donald Elliott, who represents portions of Frederick and Carroll counties, is the lead sponsor of the measure.

If passed, Maryland would join 21 states, including Pennsylvania and West Virginia, in requiring only a rear license plate.

The bill would phase in the use of one plate as people get new plates.

According to the Department of Legislative Services, the change would save the state $518,700 in the next fiscal year, and $719,700 by fiscal 2015.

But the chairwoman of the committee considering the bill said objections from police and state toll workers may be too great to overcome.

BMW Drivers can help:

We can express our support by contacting him.

I personally am a political moderate, actually left leaning… so this has nothing to do with politics, as the delegate is a republican. I think it is a great idea that could use support from like-minded people. Why does PA, with large cities like Philadelphia and PIT not have a requirement, but we do? Same for FL and other states.

e-mail: donald.elliott@house.state.md.us

DONALD B. ELLIOTT
Republican, District 4B, Carroll & Frederick Counties

House Office Building, Room 311
6 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 841-3118, (301) 858-3118
1-800-492-7122, ext. 3118 (toll free)
e-mail: donald.elliott@house.state.md.us
fax: (410) 841-3349, (301) 858-3349

P. O. Box 370
204 Lambert Ave., New Windsor, MD 21776 - 0370
(410) 848-5373

FS: Leather Recaro Pole Position Seats & Hardware
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster

[Sample Letter - create your own]

Delegate Elliott,

I am a resident of Frederick County and read Meg Tully's article in the Frederick News Post this morning about your proposal to eliminate the MD front license plate. Great idea!!

I am offering my support and encouragement. I am a moderate liberal who is fiscally conservative. I like to praise (and criticize) both parties when appropriate, and I think your proposal is one that should be universally praised.

I have questioned the front license plate requirement myself. I am an avid car enthusiast, and am frequently passed by PA drivers who do not need a front plate, despite being a very populous and congested state itself. In today's economic climate, it seems highly logical that it would be simple and inexpensive to effect your proposed change, and reward the state with less costs. I think most people, given the choice, would rather save the state's money, or reinvest it towards education, infrastructure, or lower taxes. I have informed many of my car enthusiast friends who are likely to support us.

If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to employ me in your efforts to effect this change.

Sincerely,

[name]

FS: Leather Recaro Pole Position Seats & Hardware
Appreciate 0