E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Diagnostic charges, squealing/rumbling brakes, BrianJesselBMW

03-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
simsimi1004
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Cabriolet

Diagnostic charges, squealing/rumbling brakes, BrianJesselBMW

I posted my problem on revscene.net , and one of the members
posted
Quote:
Request to go for a road test with the Shop Foreman. Maybe it's normal, then you can take your car back. If you need your brakes serviced, it's not covered under warranty so you'll have to pay.
If you still have a problem or concern, PM me your number and I'll look into it for you tomorrow at work.
so he works there and so i created more organized post and sent to him.

The original thread is at http://www.revscene.net/forums/brian...w-t608301.html but u dont need to read the original post as this is more organized and correct. (u can read other people's feedbacks though)

This is what has happened so far.
CASE 1
2-3 Weeks Ago.
  1. Because of a squealing sound, i thought brakes were worn so i set up the appointment for a brake change.
  2. After a few hours, they determined that it was from brake dust buildup on rotors.
  3. They will not fix it because its Wear and Tear. They advise me to try washing the rotors. They can't do it for me becasue they dont have the proper equipment. Few more sentences later, she quoted a price for cleaning or something that will fix teh problem.
  4. I decline, anyways, while the car was there, it was near my oil change time so they did that.
  5. I was charged nothing.

CASE 2
Today
  1. i didnt mention this to the SA, but now that i think of it, it started to happen after my previous visit for case1, "i feel a low rumbling sensation/grinding when coming to a SLOW stop."
  2. he says he will get the mechanic to look at it but if they dont find anything wrong with it or if it's not covered under warranty, i will be charged 70$(half our labor) for diagnostics.
  3. i said, what if i find it later. he:we'll refund u the diagnostics charge. Oh and, since my car was there, he said it will be serviced for a recall.(seatbelt or something)
  4. i said ok. go ahead. i leave with a rental car, later today he calls me and car can be picked up tmrw because they had to order a part for the recall fix and wasnt ready.
  5. He didnt even mention about the problem so i guess they probably didnt get a chance to look at it yet? or they didnt find anything?

I have the package that gives me free brakepads replacement, once they are worn. and some more bonuses i think.

So my concern is:
1.for CASE1: in the end, it wasnt worn brakes and not something warranty covers. Then, shouldnt I have been charged for diag labor fee as i might get charged in CASE2?
2. (i posted this in another forum, http://www.revscene.net/forums/brian...w-t608301.html)It's not covered under warranty, but ziggazen(another forum member) says that his was and it was free. (he goes to the same dealer)
3. If they do find the problem, what are the possiblities that its not covered under warranty? how could i have made it my fault so that the car rumbles when it brakes.
4.I think the package i have is called the Service Inclusive Upgrade(is that right?) if it is, this is directly quoted from bmw.ca
Quote:
You can enjoy every kilometre with BMW Service Inclusive because everything runs so smoothly. Forget about the costs of service, maintenance and wear and tear for the time period purchased. All your service will be completed by BMW Certified Technicians, so your vehicle is always in excellent hands. You can rest assured that your BMW will always be serviced with precision and that only Original BMW
mind you it does say
Quote:
Based on normal use wear-and-tear. Some exclusions apply
5.so if no problem is found, and i decide to take shope foreman for a drive. IF he says its normal. then, there is nothing i can do from that point on? just get charged for labor.
Mind you, ive read stories on this forum where the foreman says everything is fine, few days later the problem the member mentions causes a major issue.

I know you are doing me a favor, just by even reading this. If you can do anything about it, SUPER. if everything that has happened so far is fully under the procedures of BJ/BMW, then ill just have to write a letter to BMWNA.
Also do you think i should speak to someone of an authority in BJBMw instead of goign directly to BMWNA.

ill be posting this msg to e90post to get some opinions too.

Thanks for taking your time to help my situation

What do u guys think?

edit*
and upon more reading from the forum, the squealing problem is usually caused by the sensor touching rotors. but in my CASE1, i was told it was dust brake buildup. would that be on my car history? if i take http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B340808g.htm this to them, would they say, For me it was brake dust buildup and not sensor, so they dont even bother checking again? given that tehty even bothered to check properly in the first place.

Last edited by simsimi1004; 03-11-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Appreciate 0