E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E90 60,000 Mile Service

03-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Bimm3
Get in the Bimm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i - being modified

E90 60,000 Mile Service

Hey Guys,

I've been looking through all posts and haven't found a question like this. I have an 06' 325i with almost 62,000 miles on it. I need service on it and I was quoted around $150~ from BMW of Dallas. My car is CPO and I usually only pay the deductible of $50. Should I have to pay the extra cost or jsut the deductible? Can I take it somewhere else for the service? And What is this service exactly for?

I found this site and it says I apparently need service inspection II. http://www.savagebmw.com/Service/con...tervals.htm#I2

Thanks!

Bimm3
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

Your car is an E9x? Your service is CBS. Inspections I & II are for previous generation. It does not apply wrt to the inspections due your car. (Although in reality, most of the checklist general inspection tasks do apply, they are just not specific to the E9X series.)

At 60K miles, you should have gotten the "car on a lift" pictograph. It should be displayed now, unless it was reset. This denotes 'inspection service'. This inspection occurs in 30K mile intervals. The dealer plugs in and checks error codes and general "health" of car. They do a visual inspection. Any discrepancies should be relayed back to you for your decision to proceed with repair.

This service is maintenance. Unless you have the extended maintenance plan - not CPO warranty - you pay. Now they may find items that will be fixed under your CPO warranty or just more maintenance items that require payment. Or find no discrepancies at all.

Savage BMW is my dealer. My SA was kind enough to explain what they would check during my 90K inspection. I chose to do it myself based on the tasks performed versus what I would pay. $150 from your dealer is a good price if you decide to have them perform the service inspection.

Last edited by Bcube; 03-11-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

I am unsure of the CPO details but I would assume this is under the maintenance side and not the warranty meaning you would have to pay what it costs. I'm not 100% sure though.
      03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
wootang_clan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i & E46 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcube View Post
Your car is an E9x? Your service is CBS. Inspections I & II are for previous generation. It does not apply wrt to the inspections due your car. (Although in reality, most of the checklist general inspection tasks do apply, they are just not specific to the E9X series.)

At 60K miles, you should have gotten the "car on a lift" pictograph. It should be displayed now, unless it was reset. This denotes 'inspection service'. This inspection occurs in 30K mile intervals. The dealer plugs in and checks error codes and general "health" of car. They do a visual inspection. Any discrepancies should be relayed back to you for your decision to proceed with repair.

This service is maintenance. Unless you have the extended maintenance plan - not CPO warranty - you pay. Now they may find items that will be fixed under your CPO warranty or just more maintenance items that require payment. Or find no discrepancies at all.

Savage BMW is my dealer. My SA was kind enough to explain what they would check during my 90K inspection. I chose to do it myself based on the tasks performed versus what I would pay. $150 from your dealer is a good price if you decide to have them perform the service inspection.
I'm pretty sure that Brian is right on all counts. CPO warranty and maintenance plan is two separate things that are offered by BMW. Your 60k miles service would be maintenance. Unless they find something wrong with your engine or transmission or something (nothing to do with wear and tear) you would have to pay. But for $150 bucks, I'd go with it. If they do find something wrong, you can always take it to an independent shop. Just make sure they document what they did and keep a record of that for your CPO warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcube View Post
can you share what you actually did as 90k service?

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
can you share what you actually did as 90k service?
If you need a checklist, then use the Inspection II as a guideline listed in the URL in the first post. I already know the condition of my car, as I spend time with it almost every weekend. From washing it to checking tire pressures and fluids. So the only specific item I was concerned about was the belt. After close inspection, it looked fine. Which backed up my SA saying he wasn't aware of the dealership having to change a E9X belt due to wear.