E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > CPO Help - 2007 & 2008 E90 335i - Captive Buyer

03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
skaymakca
Rep
Drives: e46 330Ci

CPO Help - 2007 & 2008 E90 335i - Captive Buyer

I know this isn't the only thread about CPO 335 sedans but please bear with me. For better or worse, and for reasons I can't really get into, I have to buy a CPO car from one dealer. And rather quickly. I know this brings down my bargaining power but it's what I have to do to get into another BMW (otherwise I'll be buying a practical appliance-mobile).

I bought a CPO car back in '06 and negotiated a decent price (in my opinion, all that matters in the end) by tacking on a few grand (2.5?) to the wholesale prices I found out the car was going for. This dealer unfortunately knows what I'm looking to spend because another car got sold out under me this week. He's telling me BMW sets the price they buy the car for (isn't it based on average wholesale value) and then they put in money to recond+certify the car.

The dealer is going to get back to me on asking prices on two just off lease cars:
2007 E90 335i 44,000 miles 6MT, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Shades, Sirius
2008 E90 335i 16,000 miles 6MT, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather

He's already alluded to the fact the '08 will be out of my budget (ie over 30K), whereas I think, with rough guestimation, it could be had for around 30K or less. He also knows it's attractive to me because I had quibbled about the scarcity of warranty left on the '07 (std factory will run out in Nov this year). One of the salesmen clued me into the car as I was about to leave (he sold us a new 5 series in '06).

* What are fair negotiated prices for these cars? I'm not looking to cheat the dealer, it'd be great if I could just offer him +$800 invoice like on a new car.
* Does anyone have the info on what the "BMW off lease" price the dealer pays would be for these cars?
* And, why would the dealer have to buy new tires on an off lease car? Doesn't the returning leasee have to replace the tires if they have too little thread left or at least pay for them? I know the woman returning the '08 won't be buying a new car so they probably won't give her the "look the other way" lease return condition check thing. I wish they could CPO without buying new tires, I want to ditch the run flats anyway ... for the same price of the OEM summer runflats I could get some real/regular PS2s or the like.

I'm really not looking forward to doing a captive CPO buying experience ...
Appreciate 0