E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Headlight Washer (Cover) Stolen

03-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
Latenite
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i x

Headlight Washer (Cover) Stolen

I'm pretty sure my headlight washer cover was stolen since I didnt turn on my windshield wiper at all during the night it was lost. Enough about past, what I'm trying to do is fix the damm hole on my front bumper that is just eating away at my nerves. I'm not very mechanical, so I figure somebody here can kindly offer their opinion on what I am looking at.

Obviously the cover is gone and needs replacing. My question is if the nozzle is still intact or do I need to replace that too? I hope I attached the pics ok. Its my first time.

Thanks in advance.

Name:  Washer Hole.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  115.3 KB

Is this my nozzle?
Name:  Washer Inside.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  135.3 KB

Do I just plug this tube back in?
Name:  Washer Tube.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  120.4 KB

Judging by the chart I would guess the nozzle is still there?
http://www.bmwpartscounter.com/showA...ssembly=169723

Last edited by Latenite; 03-15-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
the dealer should fix for you. you could always tell them it fell off. i had fall off rwice and replaced under warranty
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Ricks_335I
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335I

Thumbs down Missing headlight washer covers

Do not believe the dealers crap that these were stolen. They use that line to get out of paying for new washer covers, since the washer cover design is defective.

I had both headlight washer covers fall off my 2008 335I during a cold and snowy period a couple of weeks ago. After some research, this appears to be a worldwide problem. The BMWLand website has numerous posts about owners losing headlight washer covers during a recent cold spell across Europe. One BMWLand comment states:

"BMW (Europe) have obviously conceded that it is a design fault by virtue of the fact that they are now treating it as a warranty claim"

My BMW dealer in Ohio estimated a replacement cost of around $550.00 to replace these covers! Why is BMW paying for the European repairs and not for the American repairs? BMW North America needs to take some responsibility for this defective design and cover the costs in the USA as well.

This is a serious safety issue for both the driver and other motorists dodging the defective parts flying off of BMWs on the highway.

BMWs factory warranty sucks

Rick
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Latenite
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i x

Appreciate the feedback but goodluck with getting these dealers to see it your way. BMW of manhatten told me that they can't promise that it would be covered and to bring it in to them. That is fine except they want to charge a diagnostic fee should I decide to not have it fixed out of pocket. Pretty rude too.

I found another dealer who was willing to fix it 1x. Basically you are on your own after that.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
i have had mine replaced twice. with no problem. maybe i intimidate them though lol. i talk as if there is gonna be a big issue if shit doesnt go my way when im at the dealer. lol
Appreciate 0