E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Would like to follow Mike's Miller Alternative Maintenance-some questions:

04-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
ERSTD
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i

Would like to follow Mike's Miller Alternative Maintenance-some questions:

So i've read Mike's Miller Alternative/old school Maintenance plan
Here are the things that Mike's Miller recommends doing for 30,000 service:

1] Air Filter [easy to find]
2] Fuel Filter - should i replace it even thought i just got brand new fuel pump?! [RealOEM link inside-which part is actual fuel filer or am i looking at wrong diagram] What is the part number and Where can i order one?!is this it?[Tischer link inside]
3] Perform Engine Coolant Service-would you flush/replace it, this was just topped off at Free 30k Maintenance visit. if yes, how many gallons to buy for full drain/fill service.]
4] Power Steering Fluid[does OEM = Pentosin CHF 7.1 or CHF 11S-how many bottles required for drain/fill service?!]
5] Differential Oil on 335xi[is there such a thing, sorry for ignorance]
6] Brake Fluid-is OEM BMW DOT 4 Brake Fluid-how many bottles to buy?!]

His maintenance article is dated back to 2002. Anything else that should be added/performed/checked so car runs in tip top shape, since his article doesn't cover n54/n52 and recent 8 years?!

Looking forward for the answers before i visit local bmw indy shop.
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by ERSTD; 04-14-2010 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Bcube
Been there, wrecked that.
Rep
Drives: '07 E93 335i

I have a 2007 version of Mike's maintenance schedule. Still doesn't cover E9x.
Mike's recommendation of 30K intervals for fuel filters is in regard to previous models...fuel filters which are outside the fuel tank. Ours - as you can see - are inside the tank. I will probably have to change mine eventually, but I will deal with that when or if the time comes.

Your other questions can be answered with a quick search within this section and in the DIY threads.