E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aus Dealership Green List

11-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Aus Dealership Green List

Yes we have had a black list put in but i think it is time to find out which dealerships make us want to buy our babies from them.

The basis is quite simple:
-Service (non arrogant, willing to do as much possible to make us own our cars, understanding- not rejecting us when we want a better deal etc.)
-Pricing

Unfortunately the dealership i first bought my BMW from was my first BMW dealership. So after the rudness of the sales rep when i went back to get the coupe has left me very sour with them.:mad:

If any of you have bought from BMW dealerships that will make you want to always go back there please share.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Sylvania BMW always offer the best price around town and their sales manager Anthony is not a pushy person.

But their service department

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
other people don't seem to really agree with me i don't think, but i have had good experiances with trivett... they are always very friendly, and take the time to greet me by name it's just a nice touch that they sit you down in the cafe area, and bring you a drink. if my salesman is there when i go in, he always comes over and says hi, and enquires as to how my car is going. (very cool also that they have a wireless internet connection for when i wait, and have my computer with me). whatever i want done there, they seem to find a way to take care of it, i just had a problem with my steering wheel leather, and they have ofered to replace it for me free of charge, and is on it's way to australia now also, i did have an issue with leather protection, and rang them up when i disovered it, and they took the car in overnight, and saw to it that it was fixed, free of charge, as they admitted that they had applied the protection wrongly, and provided me with a loan car
      11-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
I am extremely happy with DONCASTER BMW in Vic. The sales rep there was friendly and wasnt the slightest bit pushy or out to make a quick buck. Service was fantastic and the follow up even after I picked up my car 4 months ago is impeccable. Thumbs up!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Its good to hear that some BMW dealerships can actually be compared to Mercedes dealers. I noticed that at Mercedes dealerships they are unbelievably friendly. They brought a demo car over to our house for my mother to test drive and to look at. the sales rep was very polite and did everything he could to help us i mean everything. I think Merc dealerships really understand customers, they always treat people like they are royalty, i guess thats what we want sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #6
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G
Its good to hear that some BMW dealerships can actually be compared to Mercedes dealers. I noticed that at Mercedes dealerships they are unbelievably friendly. They brought a demo car over to our house for my mother to test drive and to look at. the sales rep was very polite and did everything he could to help us i mean everything. I think Merc dealerships really understand customers, they always treat people like they are royalty, i guess thats what we want sometimes.
they don't always treat everyone so good... i drove into a mercedes dealersip just before i bought my car to look at an slk, and they were quite rude to me, and told me that i was too young to buy this car, so off i went to bmw, where i found them to be far more polite...
      11-25-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
they don't always treat everyone so good... i drove into a mercedes dealersip just before i bought my car to look at an slk, and they were quite rude to me, and told me that i was too young to buy this car, so off i went to bmw, where i found them to be far more polite...
LOL i guess this was the only merc dealership then that treated my family like royalty. I think there are some good dealerships for each brand car and some terrible dealerships for each. As long as we know which one's are good we all will be happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #8
Abyss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA69
I am extremely happy with DONCASTER BMW in Vic. The sales rep there was friendly and wasnt the slightest bit pushy or out to make a quick buck. Service was fantastic and the follow up even after I picked up my car 4 months ago is impeccable. Thumbs up!
Looks like I have the opposite experiences in Doncaster.
I would vote for BMW Melbourne.

- Willing to sharpen the pencil
- Classy Showroom
- Excellent on car delivery. Both service and car condition.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2006, 02:18 AM   #9
shieldsup
Australia
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive35 - Skyscraper Grey

I found Meneres BMW in Brighton extremely professional and helpful.. They did an excellent deal.. Would definately go back.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 06:18 AM   #10
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
Friends of mine bought an ML350 and were treated like royalty until that cheque got handed over, then were promptly dropped as they raced off to the next sales opportunity. They will NEVER buy another Merc and are looking at other brands now... this was at BEA in Adelaide.

Solitaire Audi were always great with me and always made me feel good, but that was until I bought my 325i from Adelaide Motors.

I have to say that Adelaide Motors give the best service in Adelaide. They have gone to extraordinary lengths both before and after the sale. They were also very good when negotiating the price and always played a straight bat. I would recommend them to anyone buying in Adelaide, vs what I was going to do originally and shop in either Sydney or Melbourne.
      10-31-2010, 03:49 AM   #11
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

It has been a while since i last visited this thread but i am happy to agree with Astra about Trivett Classic. I Just recently bought a new work car, 2010 LCI M-Sport X5 and i couldn't be any happier with the service and deal that i received. If anyone is interested in purchasing a Bimmer in the near future, i strongly recommend using them. PM me if you want sales rep details as it is the first time i have dealt with such a patient and truly friendly sales rep.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 05:50 AM   #12
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

So i take it you not getting a C63 then?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #13
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheps View Post
So i take it you not getting a C63 then?
Delayed for now as the X3 needed to be replaced, however i am still not going to walk away from a great deal if one emerges. I still haven't heard about AMG sticking the new engine in the C, i thought it was going to be implemented by now.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #14
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
It has been a while since i last visited this thread but i am happy to agree with Astra about Trivett Classic. I Just recently bought a new work car, 2010 LCI M-Sport X5 and i couldn't be any happier with the service and deal that i received. If anyone is interested in purchasing a Bimmer in the near future, i strongly recommend using them. PM me if you want sales rep details as it is the first time i have dealt with such a patient and truly friendly sales rep.
congrats dude! any pics? how did you find the new 8 spd box on the LCI? which model did you get?

we've recently upgraded from a X3 and to X5 as well....it was a pre-LCI but definitely major improvement over the X3!

cheers
leon
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja333 View Post
congrats dude! any pics? how did you find the new 8 spd box on the LCI? which model did you get?

we've recently upgraded from a X3 and to X5 as well....it was a pre-LCI but definitely major improvement over the X3!

cheers
leon
Thanks mate! I will try and add pics as soon as the weather clears up a bit. The 8spd box is smooth as, but i am still below the 2000km mark so i haven't been able to test out the remaing 4 gears. The model is the new 180KW 540nm 30d which really impressed me, more than enough for work. The option list it came with blew me away...the car was the same price as a demo xdrive50.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #16
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
nice....the new 30d is apparently more efficient as well. BMW is offering extra $7000 accessories on all new X5, pretty good deal. what colour did you get? Alpine white?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #17
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Saphire black with black interior. I can never stay away from black BMW's, just look beastly.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #18
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT

Another A++ for Doncaster BMW - Mattherw Harris - top bloke!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #19
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Nice car

How did you go in the discount-off-list-price department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #20
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Nice car

How did you go in the discount-off-list-price department?
16% off rrp It helped that it was a few days off end of month. They had 35 deliveries on the day i went to pick her up.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #21
aliti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 330D Msport

Hi all,

I have purchased 2 vehicles from Mornington BMW. One is a 2008 320i and the other a 2010 123D, both new.

The salespeople and service department are fantastic. I would highly recommend them.

Spare parts department suck though. They don't seem to take my enquiries seriously, which I have made a few. Recently bought a space saver and they quoted me close to double to Brighton BMW and a 2 week wait for it. Ended up driving 1 hour to Brighton to pick up the space saver which was brought in the next day. Mentioned this to them with a copy of the invoice and they just didn't seem to care.
I won't try spare parts again.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d M sport & Inovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliti View Post
Hi all,

I have purchased 2 vehicles from Mornington BMW. One is a 2008 320i and the other a 2010 123D, both new.

The salespeople and service department are fantastic. I would highly recommend them.

Spare parts department suck though. They don't seem to take my enquiries seriously, which I have made a few. Recently bought a space saver and they quoted me close to double to Brighton BMW and a 2 week wait for it. Ended up driving 1 hour to Brighton to pick up the space saver which was brought in the next day. Mentioned this to them with a copy of the invoice and they just didn't seem to care.
I won't try spare parts again.

I agree completely that the sales staff are top notch in Monington. I purchased my car from Adam, and I have been mighty impressed with the after sales service not to mention the willingness to bargain.

I cant comment on the service staff because I've not needed to deal with them yet.

If your on the Mornington Peninsula and in the market give them a try.