E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Loud Hissing under WOT.

04-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Bozman
BozMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BSM 335i 6MT

Loud Hissing under WOT.

I have a 2007 335i and last week the fuel pump fried on me for the first time, while the car was in the shop I had them address the obnoxious wastegate rattle issue. Turned out that they measured the clearance on the actuators and the only way to get rid of the rattle was to completely replace the turbos with updated units. (i have absolutely no engine mods on my car)

I finally got the car back last night and i noticed that in first and second gear after around 5,000RPM to redline there is a loud Paawwoooshhh as soon as i let off the gas (sounds like a blowoff valve but i dont have one). Furthermore in 3rd and 4th gears with the throttle wide open no boost builds hardly and there is a loud constant hiss coming from underneath the car at any rpm with the turbo attempting to spool. There is a noticable decrease in power and the Half engine icon appeared on my dash screen.

I think there must be a boost leak somewhere but the fact that the whoosh happens in 1st and 2nd and the hissing in 3,4,5,6th makes me worry its some sort of computer issue.

Id appreciate anyones input on this issue, im relatively new to this car and im not savvy with most of the issues that arise yet

Thanks in advance -Boz
Appreciate 0