E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > The great BMW Service Inclusive rip off..!!

04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Al Star
Rep
Drives: E90 320d 2005

The great BMW Service Inclusive rip off..!!

For fellow Beemer owners or ones who might be considering a second hand Beemer be careful...

I purchased my BMW last year with a service book stamped with full BMW service history, and I thought it meant that my BMW had been fully serviced and up to date with 44k.

But...

Just had my e90 320d serviced by my local garage. It's just turned 57k and had done around 13k since it's last BMW dealer service in 2009. I purchased it with full BMW service history and 4 stamps in the book last year. However I noticed that BMW had only changed the oil and brake fluid.

So I asked my local garage to give it a full service yesterday. When I went to pick it up last night the mechanic told me the air filter was the original due to how clogged with crap it was and he told me the fuel filter was also original. I also had the coolant flushed and changed due to it turning 5 in June..!

I took my Beemer in to the BMW dealer last week when the service light came on and reached 200 miles to go. I booked it in for a service to be told when I went in that they would only check the rear brakes. The key fob advised them to be checked.

So when the car went into the BMW dealer the service receptionist stamped the job sheet ''FREE SERVICE'' although the Service inclusive was paid for on original purchase of the vehicle.

All they checked was the rear brakes and nothing else.. So when you think your vehicles being serviced, naa.. They only work on the points highlighted as per the key fob.. Nothing else is done unless of course you pay for it AGAIN..!!

Be careful when you purchase a second hand BMW and it shows a full service history think again..

Shocking the car got to 57k and BMW hadn't even changed the air filter or fuel filter...!!

What else has been missed or ignored by BMW..??

Al Star..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

I know dealerships sometimes don't do any services during maintenance. I remember there was someone who marked his oil filter. After the "service" was done, the marked oil filter is still there. BYOB IMO.
      04-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
DrDurt
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi

i dunno, my dealer is great. i went in because the cup holder was broken and they replaced my rear brakes as well
Appreciate 0