E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Recommended: SoCal Lemon Law Attorney

04-24-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Recommended: SoCal Lemon Law Attorney

William R McGee
16855 W. Bernardo Dr. Ste 380
San Diego, CA 92127

Phone: 858.485.9332
Fax: 858.485.9763

www.CaliforniaLemonLaw.com

Hi guys, above is the information for a great attorney that helped me lemon my E92. Not only have they helped me lemon my vehicle, but I know of several people I've recommended the Law Offices of William R McGee to and have come out on top in their case as well.

I was first introduced to them by RambleJ, his case was filed and took no more than a week to get his vehicle bought back. Mine took me about 3 weeks. As my case was rather special. BMWNA knew about my intake and my exhaust and I was even told by my SA that BMWNA was not going to buyback my vehicle. For a week the dealership had my vehicle because my vehicle was not creating enough boost, so I was literally driving the car for a week without boost (like driving in limp mode the whole time). My other issues besides the boost included my 3rd fuel pump, a new set of new fuel injectors and spark plugs.

I took my attorney's advice of removing my mods and going completely back to stock, which is why I had such a part-out sale even before I lemoned my vehicle, because regardless of whatever the outcome, I did not want the vehicle anymore, the honeymoon was over.

My dealership kept saying the problems were because of the intake/exhaust and that's what the codes were leading to. Well in the end they later found out that a tube near the turbos was going bad which was the cause of all this.

After that diagnosis, a couple of days later was when I got the news that BMWNA was going to buyback my vehicle. I entrusted them that they would pull through for me and they did. A friend even recommended me to take my vehicle out and go to another dealership to perform the tests to get it fixed, glad I didn't do that and took my attorney's advice and just stopped bugging my dealership and the status on my vehicle's repairs.

All-in-all, William McGee was informative from start to finish. I was open from the start about my situation with my exhaust and intake, but they were confident that even with the mods on my E92, that they were still going to take the case and win this for me.

I hope anyone that is considering lemoning their vehicle give William McGee a call because I knew contacting BMWNA directly was not going positive for my case, and having an attorney really took the hassle out of all of this.

Good luck everyone on your buybacks. If there are anyone else that have used McGee's law offices or I recommended, can please chime in and let others know your own experience as well.

-John

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

nice write up john.. this will help alot of people that need a lemon law attorney..
      04-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

nice writeup, did you ever have to drive to SD to meet any attorneys in person?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

sweet, did you already get a new car?

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
nice writeup, did you ever have to drive to SD to meet any attorneys in person?
nope. never had to ever meet my attorney. everything was over the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
sweet, did you already get a new car?
yup. went like the wind and currently hav a Mini Cooper S, Camden Edition. CCW Classics coming soon!

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
sweet thats awesome it went through
are they able to help me with getting my warranty back?
i lost my warranty because of a few missing screws and boost gauge
      04-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
sweet thats awesome it went through
are they able to help me with getting my warranty back?
i lost my warranty because of a few missing screws and boost gauge
oh damn that sux. u can see wat james says. give them a call and see if they can reinstate ur warranty.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
Wicked_SVT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I have also used the law offices of William McGee for my lemon law case. I was referred to by ra2fanatic. These guys are top notch. If they take your case you can be confident that they will win it for you. From the time that I submitted my repair/warranty documents I had a call two weeks later that BMWNA was buying back my car. As ra2fanatic already said, the outcome might not have been as good or at all if dealing with BMWNA directly. I had both of my turbos replaced, was in twice for fuel injectors and plugs, and was on my third fuel pump. If you've had enough problems over a period of time but haven't gone in for the same problem 3 times, don't let that discourage you. They will review your documents and let you know if you have a case.

I highly recommend using them as your attorney if you are considering this route. Thanks to them in about 3 weeks I will be enjoying my new 2011 Shelby GT500!

Gary

2001 SVT Cobra Vortech Supercharged 450rwhp 408rwtq SAE SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

damn gt500 what a nice upgrade. Great post, nice to know in case of the future!

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Nice write up!

This makes me never want to buy a 335 or any turbo BMW. My friend just had a HPFP on their 5 series. Seems like too much of a hassle and not reliable.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Nice write up!

This makes me never want to buy a 335 or any turbo BMW. My friend just had a HPFP on their 5 series. Seems like too much of a hassle and not reliable.
i hear ya.....

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #12
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Dam i didnt sign up for the lemon lawyer package. Prolly need one in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #13
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Thanks for the info John! I wonder if they'll help me even though I'm all the way in NorCal. Haha. I'm probably going to lemon my car since it's currently on the fourth pump, which is starting to show signs of failure.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
Thanks for the info John! I wonder if they'll help me even though I'm all the way in NorCal. Haha. I'm probably going to lemon my car since it's currently on the fourth pump, which is starting to show signs of failure.
yes they will

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #15
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
yup. they're based in san diego. all u'd hav to do is fax or scan over all the repair reports u've had showing ur fuel pump replacements. never once did i have to head down to san diego to meet them or anything. everything was over the phone. good luck!

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
yup. went like the wind and currently hav a Mini Cooper S, Camden Edition. CCW Classics coming soon!
better post pics when you get the rims...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #17
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
Thanks for the recommendation... Always great to know an attorney with a good track record in this area! I'm surprised the admins of this site haven't hit up the lawyer for sponsorship fees after this post.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
better post pics when you get the rims...
will do! got hooked up by user JCS. should be in by friday at the latest this wk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation... Always great to know an attorney with a good track record in this area! I'm surprised the admins of this site haven't hit up the lawyer for sponsorship fees after this post.
lol. i know a lot of ppl would consider a lemon attorney seeing all the fuel pumps that hav been given members a ton of headaches, including myself, just trying to help the community. not like i'm making a profit or anything.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #19
Agio645cic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR

Retainer fees ? How much he charges ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
William R McGee
16855 W. Bernardo Dr. Ste 380
San Diego, CA 92127

Phone: 858.485.9332
Fax: 858.485.9763

www.CaliforniaLemonLaw.com

Hi guys, above is the information for a great attorney that helped me lemon my E92. Not only have they helped me lemon my vehicle, but I know of several people I've recommended the Law Offices of William R McGee to and have come out on top in their case as well.

I was first introduced to them by RambleJ, his case was filed and took no more than a week to get his vehicle bought back. Mine took me about 3 weeks. As my case was rather special. BMWNA knew about my intake and my exhaust and I was even told by my SA that BMWNA was not going to buyback my vehicle. For a week the dealership had my vehicle because my vehicle was not creating enough boost, so I was literally driving the car for a week without boost (like driving in limp mode the whole time). My other issues besides the boost included my 3rd fuel pump, a new set of new fuel injectors and spark plugs.

I took my attorney's advice of removing my mods and going completely back to stock, which is why I had such a part-out sale even before I lemoned my vehicle, because regardless of whatever the outcome, I did not want the vehicle anymore, the honeymoon was over.

My dealership kept saying the problems were because of the intake/exhaust and that's what the codes were leading to. Well in the end they later found out that a tube near the turbos was going bad which was the cause of all this.

After that diagnosis, a couple of days later was when I got the news that BMWNA was going to buyback my vehicle. I entrusted them that they would pull through for me and they did. A friend even recommended me to take my vehicle out and go to another dealership to perform the tests to get it fixed, glad I didn't do that and took my attorney's advice and just stopped bugging my dealership and the status on my vehicle's repairs.

All-in-all, William McGee was informative from start to finish. I was open from the start about my situation with my exhaust and intake, but they were confident that even with the mods on my E92, that they were still going to take the case and win this for me.

I hope anyone that is considering lemoning their vehicle give William McGee a call because I knew contacting BMWNA directly was not going positive for my case, and having an attorney really took the hassle out of all of this.

Good luck everyone on your buybacks. If there are anyone else that have used McGee's law offices or I recommended, can please chime in and let others know your own experience as well.

-John
Nice write up John!!
These guys did make what could have been a troublesome long drawn out issue a quick and easy transition for me. I literally faxed over all my paperwork on a Friday and the following Wednesday I already had the approval for BMW to buy my car back. All the transitions were handled by fax/phone and fed ex.
But I decided to stick with BMW and decided to go with a 535 (N54 equipped ofcourse) and am loving it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #21
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Good review john currently just started the process on mine will let you now how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #22
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agio645cic View Post
Retainer fees ? How much he charges ?
only thing he charges would be 10% of the winnings in the final buyback. its same w/ all lemon law attorneys. its well worth it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Nice write up John!!
These guys did make what could have been a troublesome long drawn out issue a quick and easy transition for me. I literally faxed over all my paperwork on a Friday and the following Wednesday I already had the approval for BMW to buy my car back. All the transitions were handled by fax/phone and fed ex.
But I decided to stick with BMW and decided to go with a 535 (N54 equipped ofcourse) and am loving it.
thanks for adding your experience as well and thanks again for recommending them to me as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
Good review john currently just started the process on mine will let you now how it goes...
awesome! good luck jason and update me wen you get the word about ur buyback

Appreciate 0