ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
dyerkes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i/SMG

Garage List
2005 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Issue with DSP functionality

I have a Carver DSP amplifier and recently upgraded to a Nav system. With the new radio HU I have is a Navigation System Business model, and although the option for DSP appears on my Nav display unit, when I try to alter any of the settings there is no effect on the sound. I've tried turning the DPS on/off, and although the color of the options changes to a duller shade, I can't select either "on" or "off" as they both stay highlighted in the same color. I've also selected the Demo mode, it indicates "Concert" but there is no noticable change in the sound. Is it possible that the HU I have is not a DSP unit? Also, I noticed that if I disconnect the DSP coax cable from the AMP with the radio on, there is no difference in the sound. Am I correct that the mini coax cable running into the backside of the headunit is just for the antenna? If that's the case, than the DSP is coming via the larger square wiring harness connection. Just as a test, I swapped HU's back to the original one and I was able to notice a difference in the sound when I switched through various DSP settings. Do I need to take my car to the dealer to have them re-program something to make it recognize the HU? Everything else regarding the radio and NAV is working without issue.

Thanks,
David
Appreciate 0