BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

OT: Suggestion needed for MA vacation trip in Aug

Guys and gals,

I am planning to visit Boston/Cape Cod area in the 1st week of Aug. It is always been my dream to visit the New England area. My trip will be a week long vacation. I will be renting a SUV for the whole trip.

Any suggestion(s) welcome for place to stay and place to visit.

Kindly,

Mack
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

What sorts of things are you interested in seeing? I love the cape but it may not be impressive to you coming from the west coast. I would suggest a trip to Acadia National Park in Maine if you are at all into hiking. There are also some great mountain drives in Vermont and New Hampshire. I would think you would see more of the classic New England that way.

If you are set on hitting the Cape, I would suggest the outer Cape. You could use Wellfleet as your base camp and explore Truro and Province town as well as the National seashore. I would be happy to provide any information I can depending on which trip sounds more interesting to you.
      05-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
BostonSon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Alpine White

Boston Trip

Cape is great,as long as you dont plan your trip to drive down there around rush hour on a friday afternoon. P-town and Chatham are two of my favorites.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

take a brief moment to get familiar with rotaries as there are a few on the cape.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
clubspec330i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F39, CB F86, MB 911T

Thanks guys!
I am finalizing the deal. Any suggestion on Hotel around West Yarmouth area? I am reading up on Bayside Resort..Knowing that vacation in the Cape can be expensive. I am planning to spend about $170/night at most.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
33finally
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5 - Carbon Black

West Yarmouth is tourist trap central for the cape - I wouldn't personally recommend the area, itt not the nicest "feeling" place on the cape. It's close to Hyannis which is the biggest shopping/downtown area, but other than that it doesn't have a ton to offer. The beaches are lackluster & the traffic stinks.

Like some of the others here, I'd suggest the outer cape, it is a much more beautiful area, natural, scenic, relaxing.

If you want to stay in that part of the cape, I'd suggest finding someplace to the north of Rt. 6, in Yarmouthport or Dennis. From there you can get over to W.Yarmouth/Hyannis in about 15-20mins w/minimal traffic. If you want to move up and down the cape on semi-backroads, route 6A is a much better choice than Rt. 28. Rt.6A gives a great cape feel - older colonial homes, some views & a relaxing feeling. Rt. 28 is tourist trap junk, tons of traffic, fast food, "5 t-shirts for $20" etc, etc.

Have a great trip - good luck with your decisions.
2005 Acura MDX / touring / family-mobile
1973 Chevy Caprice Classic/convertible/400ci/ restored - Would Sell
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

lower cape is where you want to be IMHO. not to mention its in between places like yarmouth and p-town. like 33finally said yarmouth isn't the greatest location. gl and book quickly! btw you may want to plan a day trip to newport RI its like a 2-2.5 hour drive.

http://www.chathambarsinn.com/
http://www.capecodtravelguide.com/li...id=10&x=20&y=7
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Hyannis/West Yarmouth is definately a tourist trap area.. About all I'd do there is minature golf..

If you like bike riding I'd go to Brewster, MA (mid cape) and ride the bike trail all along the national seashore hitting the world famous Nauset beach, Chatham and places like that..

Martha's Vineyard is also a very nice place to ride a bike.. plan a day trip there, take the ferry down from Woods Hole..

Do you like fishing? Deep sea fishing expeditions leave from Hyannis daily..

Heck, the Cape is not that far from Boston (about 1.5 hours) plan a day to go up to Boston and sightseeing around there..

As someone else mentioned, Newport RI is also not very far away.. and is also a gorgeous.. the Cliff walk is awsome as is window shopping on Thames Street, ft Adams and the very old mansions in Newport are open for tours.

--mike
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

I would look around Brewster or Orleans. It sort of depends on what sort of things you are looking to do. I have always had good luck with Tripadvisor for finding hotels and B&Bs. You can catch a ferry from Harwich to Nantucket which is a great day trip.

For what it is worth, Dr. Beach rated Coast Guard beach as seventh best beach in the US this year.