E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Aquamist HFS6

05-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Aquamist HFS6

is there anyone here running an Aquamist HFS6? I'm about to install mine and would love to hear some install / setup issues or suggestions.

Shiv i'm assuming this kit will work w a Procede?

https://www.precisiontuning.com/stor...cat=284&page=1

05-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Blaizon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe & 335i Sedan

That's a nice setup. I plan on going with that myself, once I'm ready.
      05-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #3
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

my friend is running on his sti and apparantly aquamist is very big on evo and sti guys. supposedly best meth system on the market as far as quality goes. i am also debating on this meth system for a while now (i already made same post about aquamist also) and i am also waiting for someone to install on n54 set up.

hopefully you can set the stepping stone for me. i'll check closely...

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
my friend is running on his sti and apparantly aquamist is very big on evo and sti guys. supposedly best meth system on the market as far as quality goes. i am also debating on this meth system for a while now (i already made same post about aquamist also) and i am also waiting for someone to install on n54 set up.

hopefully you can set the stepping stone for me. i'll check closely...
I'll let you know how it turns out. This is going on my M3 so it wont be a step by step DIY for 335's by any means.

I'm excited to get it up and running and turn up the boost
      05-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
oner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Aquamist = best Meth Kit money can buy
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #6
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oner View Post
Aquamist = best Meth Kit money can buy
i just wish they make a kit for 335i and it will be golden...

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
DaveM@EPL
Registered
Rep
Drives: Yes

The HFS-6 kits will support Direct-Injection injector pulses, and will work on the 335! The Aquamist HFS-6 kits are hands-down the best water injection kits available. The fail-safes are second to none and will cut boost if you are low on meth, if improper flow is detected because of a leaking line or clogged nozzle, or even if the pump isn't operating at the proper pressure!

The HFS-6's also use an Aquatech pump running at 160PSI. Paired with the "active" water nozzles, atomization of methanol is significantly better than any other kit on the market. This allows us to get fairly aggressive with nozzle sizing and make more power gains than we can with any other kit!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
a32guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

Thanks Dave, good info. I'll be calling EPL shortly!
      05-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
robin@epl
Rep
Drives: N54

We wrote an informative guide to water injection 101 when we were introducing it to the Porsche Turbo market. Back then, not many people were running it on their Porsches at all. Now, Aquamist is the standard for high horsepower cars. This might also give you some ideas on creative mounting solutions for the tank and gauge:

http://www.eplabs.net/case-studies/p...on-case-study/
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM@EPL View Post
The HFS-6 kits will support Direct-Injection injector pulses, and will work on the 335! The Aquamist HFS-6 kits are hands-down the best water injection kits available. The fail-safes are second to none and will cut boost if you are low on meth, if improper flow is detected because of a leaking line or clogged nozzle, or even if the pump isn't operating at the proper pressure!

The HFS-6's also use an Aquatech pump running at 160PSI. Paired with the "active" water nozzles, atomization of methanol is significantly better than any other kit on the market. This allows us to get fairly aggressive with nozzle sizing and make more power gains than we can with any other kit!

curious, how are these failsafes implemented on cars running the factory ECU and not on a piggyback or standalone?
      05-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
DaveM@EPL
Registered
Rep

The ECU's control of boost is interrupted. In many of the cars, boost pressure is dropped to wastegate spring. In the case of the 335, the wastegates will default to open, keeping you out of boost where it is safe. If you are looking to add a little more cooling without any tuning, the failsafe does not need to be wired immediately, but the option will be there when you are ready to be tuned; at that point use of the failsafe is required.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
The ECU's control of boost is interrupted. In many of the cars, boost pressure is dropped to wastegate spring. In the case of the 335, the wastegates will default to open, keeping you out of boost where it is safe. If you are looking to add a little more cooling without any tuning, the failsafe does not need to be wired immediately, but the option will be there when you are ready to be tuned; at that point use of the failsafe is required.
how about on ecu's that werent designed to control boost from the factory? using an eboost2 controller can the HFS6 tell it to drop the boost as a failsafe?
      05-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
a32guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
how about on ecu's that werent designed to control boost from the factory? using an eboost2 controller can the HFS6 tell it to drop the boost as a failsafe?
Yes, have the failsafe output power to a relay-- which powers the boost controller or boost solenoid. When the failsafe trips, the car will run wastegate spring.

EDIT: The HFS6 may have a relay internally that can break the circuit, but I can't remember.
      05-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
DaveM@EPL
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a32guy View Post
Yes, have the failsafe output power to a relay-- which powers the boost controller or boost solenoid. When the failsafe trips, the car will run wastegate spring.

EDIT: The HFS6 may have a relay internally that can break the circuit, but I can't remember.
Correct. The HFS-6 will internally break the circuit of any type of boost control valve; if its controlled by the ECU or an aftermarket boost controller. Many control valves are along the same lines of a 12v power source and a PWM controlled ground from the ECU or controller. The HFS-6 is wired in between the signal on the valve and the ECU or controller, and a switch inside basically connects both sides of the signal when it determines full boost is acceptable. I believe the eboost2 is a 2 wire valve, correct?

If you have a stepper type controller like the HKS-EVC, or are using a MBC, boost can be reduced with an additionally-plumbed 3way-valve.

It can also do a voltage switch for MAP switching if your setup requires it.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #15
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Correct. The HFS-6 will internally break the circuit of any type of boost control valve; if its controlled by the ECU or an aftermarket boost controller. Many control valves are along the same lines of a 12v power source and a PWM controlled ground from the ECU or controller. The HFS-6 is wired in between the signal on the valve and the ECU or controller, and a switch inside basically connects both sides of the signal when it determines full boost is acceptable. I believe the eboost2 is a 2 wire valve, correct?

If you have a stepper type controller like the HKS-EVC, or are using a MBC, boost can be reduced with an additionally-plumbed 3way-valve.

It can also do a voltage switch for MAP switching if your setup requires it.
if you guys come up with the n54 specific kit, something like vishinu, then i'll be the first customer in line for this...

Appreciate 0