ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Pressure bleeder empty or full?

What's the verdict on pressure bleeding? Do you fill the bleeder or keep it empty and just keep an eye on the reservoir? I plan on keeping the bleeder empty and doing one wheel at a time, then refilling the reservoir to keep it from going empty. Any reason why one way is better than the other? I have seen where some people add fluid to the bleeder and do all four wheel. Then others just leave the bleeder empty and just use the pressure refilling the reservoir as needed.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Trev
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Full or empty won't affect the outcome. Only difference is convenience.

It's more convenient to fill the pressure bleeder & do the job in one go. However filling requires, more fluid & longer cleanup time.
Leaving it empty requires a VERY close eye on fluid level. At worst your refilling & re-pressurizing after each corner.

Personally I'll use a pressure bleeder on clutch. But prefer speedbleeders for calipers.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

When I am doing a full flush of the brake system I the fill the bleeder and do all four calipers.... it makes the job real fast and easy. If I am just doing a bleed after a track day I just do the old school two person pump and skip the bleeder.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Did it empty. Worked great. Just be careful of fluid level. I filled after every bleed though I could have gone two per bleed.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert settings
Appreciate 0