BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

2007 X3 seat question

I was looking at the '07 X3 3.0si again, and I'm a little confused about the seating options so short of going to the dealer and asking, I thought I'd ask here as there is most likely a high probability that someone knows.

Ok, now with the Premium Package, it says it includes 10-way comfort seats. My understanding is that without this, the car comes with manual seats. So I assume 10-way power would be: the cushions front and rear up and down, the backrest tilt, and the seat forward and back, so what are the other 2 movements? Lumbar support? Also by saying "comfort seats", are they in any way different from the standard ones other than exchanging manual controls for electric?

Then there's the M Sport Package, which adds among other things sports seats. To my knowledge it has the extendable thigh support, but what else? Side bolsters like our 3'ers?

Lastly, if these 2 packages are combined, then would the seat come as 10-way power sport seats? This is why I'm wondering if the comfort seats sit differently in the first place, I don't see how the two can be combined unless it's just 10-way power from the premium package + thigh support and side bolsters from the sport package.

Gosh why am I obsessing about this to such a degree
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

the other 2-way may be electric headrest up and down, 5 series has it

comfort seats, I think, are the ones with electric headrests that have those fluffy side pillow things you see on the 5 and 7, I'm not too sure on that though
      02-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Chesmu
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
it may also include the "thigh supporter" that comes out from the front of the seat.
      03-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
blueone
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

without premium or sport, you just get 8-way power seats

i have sport seats...i think the other 2 movements are lumbar support and also the thigh area can be tilted up or down (very handy)...and also yes for extended thigh area, no for power headrest

the sad thing for me coming from an E90 is that you cannot adjust the sides of the seat in/out to cradle you in the seat...i got very used to that
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
dangcrna
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

I have a 2007 X3 on order, scheduled to arrive in about two weeks. I ordered it with Premium/comfort seats, premium audio, PDC, xenons, heated front seats, servotronic

Comfort seats have an articulated seat back. That means that the top half can be tilted to essentially mold to your upper back. I had comfort seats on two e39s and really liked them.

The headrest is a bit softer than the regular one. It does not have the wings like the 7.

My e39 comfort seats did not have extendable thigh support. According to the X3 brochure, comfort seats have "...individual power adjustment for seat height, backrest angle, seat bottom angle, forward/backward position, and thigh support."

Comfort seats are not part of the premium package but can be added to it.

Comfort seats are not available with the sport package.

Check out "build your own" on the web site and all will be revealed.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
CharlieKe
Registered
Rep
Drives: About to place order for 2008

The comfort seat thing is a little confusing and my local sales guy doesn't seem to know how they are different. He "thinks" they just have more padding, though it is obvious they have more controls and such. Does anyone here have the comfort seats in the X3? Are they worth it? And do they sit any higher (I am tall)? I am inclined to go with them but any advice would be appreciated. I will be ordering my 2008 X3 in a day or so.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
fijigabe0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport

on my X3 3.0si, i have the standard "premium" seats in teracotta, and they are incredibly comfortable. i don't understand what the added "comfort" would be, i don't think they're very necessary.

oh, and CharlieKe, i'm 6'4, and don't have a problem with them.

'13 335i M-Sport

Past - '06 330xi, '07 X3 3.0si, '09 328i, '12 X3 XDrive 35i
Appreciate 0