E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I've got a bit of a problem...

05-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: WRX

I've got a bit of a problem...

Last Thursday I was cleaning out the car to turn it in on Friday as the lease was up and the speakers started popping. When I tried to turn the car on the starter wouldn't even turn and I got a brake system malfunction sign on my iDrive. I had the car towed to the dealership because I wasn't sure if the brakes were messed up or not and called BMW Financial to tell them about the situation.

They told me that they would extend the lease by ten days without charging me and if it wasn't enough they would give me another ten days. The car has been in the shop ever since then. I can't get a hold of my SA and because the lease end departments aren't open on the weekends I can't turn it in until next Tuesday (the ten days end this Sunday). When I called them again to inform them of the situation they told me that they will no longer extend the lease and I have to pay for another month. I've been bouncing back and forth between financial and NA and each have been telling me to talk to the other. They finally got a case manager to take a look at it, but he hasn't called me back today like I was told he would. I'm kind of fed up with how they are handling the situation.

Any of you guys been in a similar situation or have any tips?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

i would never get a lease
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Check when your registration is up, you might have to pay for it.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
way to be useful.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Me either. Makes no sense to pay all of that money and just give the car back.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Check when your registration is up, you might have to pay for it.

Good luck.

way to be useful.
Registration is fine for another month. I just don't want to pay a month's bill on a car that I have no need for and would have turned in on time had it not broken down.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

For all the people saying they would never get a lease, with all the problems I have had with this car, I'm glad I get to turn it in. I would have had a really hard time selling it to anyone once they saw the service history.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Does who won't ever lease just don't understand it

leasing and financing and buying outwright each have their pros and and cons
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
So it took them 20 days to fix the car???? that seems long.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22Z View Post
For all the people saying they would never get a lease, with all the problems I have had with this car, I'm glad I get to turn it in. I would have had a really hard time selling it to anyone once they saw the service history.
Service history is confidential.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Finally got the car back after eight days in the shop. They changed the battery, changed the fuel level sensor, and had to change out my steering pump because it was bad. They also called NA and made them drop any new monthly payments.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
I thought you could request to see what work has been done on the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
angler
love to fish!
Rep
Drives: 13: SG 135i M-Sport Cabrio 6mt

Quote:
i would never buy!
      05-30-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
Since when?

Take the vin, go to the dealer, mention you're looking to buy it, and there you go

Plus, WHO in their right mind would EVER buy a car without knowing the ENTIRE car's previous service history???!?!?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #14
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Since when?

Take the vin, go to the dealer, mention you're looking to buy it, and there you go

Plus, WHO in their right mind would EVER buy a car without knowing the ENTIRE car's previous service history???!?!?

I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer that didn't provide that.
      05-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #15
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
i would never buy!
Then all you're doing is throwing your money away IMO...you pay all that money just to give the car back. No need to burn me on that, its just the way I look at it.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
UNCbigM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Service history IS confidential. However, if you are buying a BMW at a BMW dealer they can obviously give it to you, they are the owner of the car and can do as they please with THEIR service history as can any other owner. If you have a private owner, or any other dealer selling a car you cannot (legitimately) go to a dealer to get the service history for a car they do not have on their lot. Trust me, I tried. Again, an owner can give out the history though.

However, I personally wouldn't buy a car from a private party who refused to get the history. I agree with the OP, it could have been a problem for him unless a buyer was dumb enough not to ask or he was deceitful enough to lie.

As to the others on here debating lease vs. buy I agree with persian54 in that each has its own advantages/disadvantages. Me personally, I wouldn't lease and couldn't lease since I drive so many miles. I think this is a debate for another tread.

Back on topic and to the OP: Glad it sounds like you got the car taken care of without it costing you anything. It sounds like they did you right in the end. Sorry to hear you had lots of problems with your car. There is always the chance of that with any car company, but it sounds like it is more the exception rather than the rule with our cars. What are you moving to now?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

since when you have to maintain the car if you're leasing since the first 80k km all service is included ?
The lease people do that oil change every 25k but the car doesn't get really dammaged untill 100k km and they are driving a new leased car way before that...The all included service included is a death trap for all these buyers that get secod hand cars that are not properly maintained....
      06-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #18
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCbigM View Post
Service history IS confidential. However, if you are buying a BMW at a BMW dealer they can obviously give it to you, they are the owner of the car and can do as they please with THEIR service history as can any other owner. If you have a private owner, or any other dealer selling a car you cannot (legitimately) go to a dealer to get the service history for a car they do not have on their lot. Trust me, I tried. Again, an owner can give out the history though.

However, I personally wouldn't buy a car from a private party who refused to get the history. I agree with the OP, it could have been a problem for him unless a buyer was dumb enough not to ask or he was deceitful enough to lie.

As to the others on here debating lease vs. buy I agree with persian54 in that each has its own advantages/disadvantages. Me personally, I wouldn't lease and couldn't lease since I drive so many miles. I think this is a debate for another tread.

Back on topic and to the OP: Glad it sounds like you got the car taken care of without it costing you anything. It sounds like they did you right in the end. Sorry to hear you had lots of problems with your car. There is always the chance of that with any car company, but it sounds like it is more the exception rather than the rule with our cars. What are you moving to now?
I'm most likely going to be moving to a WRX. As much as I would love another 3, I think it's time to save some cash.
Appreciate 0