E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How do you carry golf bags in the convertible?

05-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
jrb
Rep
Drives: '98 M3, '06 550, '09 911S

How do you carry golf bags in the convertible?

Just asked a version of this question to coupe owners. I ordered a coupe yesterday assuming I could more easily carry golf bags (and some luggage).

Some questions for convertible owners:

In the convertible, it looks like you carry bags on the shelf that folds down over the back seat. Can you carry a couple of bags? And do you have to take out drivers (and woods)to get them to fit? If you are carrying the clubs in the back, do you need to secure them somehow so they don't come rolling at you in the front with stops and acceleration? And if you've got clubs in the back, how much carry luggage can squeeze into what's left of the trunk with the top down?

As you can see, I'm still torn between the coupe and the convertible. We're having too much convertible weather this past week and it's driving me a little crazy.

Thanks

JRB
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Best bet is to see it in person

There are clips in the back seat once the thing folds Down

Luggage spaces isn't all the much tho
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Marcus-SanDiego
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i (E70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Just asked a version of this question to coupe owners. I ordered a coupe yesterday assuming I could more easily carry golf bags (and some luggage).

Some questions for convertible owners:

In the convertible, it looks like you carry bags on the shelf that folds down over the back seat. Can you carry a couple of bags? And do you have to take out drivers (and woods)to get them to fit? If you are carrying the clubs in the back, do you need to secure them somehow so they don't come rolling at you in the front with stops and acceleration? And if you've got clubs in the back, how much carry luggage can squeeze into what's left of the trunk with the top down?

As you can see, I'm still torn between the coupe and the convertible. We're having too much convertible weather this past week and it's driving me a little crazy.

Thanks

JRB
JRB, I recommend that you lug your two sets to the dealer. Check to see which car works best for you. I really think that's your best bet right now.

In particular, we all have different bag sizes, which affects whether we can get two sets in.

Sounds as though a drive to the dealer is in order.
      05-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

I haven't seen a BMW other than X's that are good at carrying multiple nsets of clubs, even the 7's. Maybe this should be part of each BMW original equipment:

http://www.divnickgolf.com/adjustable/

Last edited by Frzdrdhppy; 05-30-2010 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

I've never tried two bags, but one fits just fine on the shelf once you fold it down over the back seat. And I leave the driver in the bag.

I'd be fairly sure I could put a second set sort of on top of the first and tucked up against the front seat backs.

With the top open, you can get an overnight/carry-on bag stowed in the trunk, plus your shoes and a box of balls or two.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

yea how do you e93s store clubs? i guess i would just throw it in the back seats

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Marcus-SanDiego
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i (E70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
yea how do you e93s store clubs? i guess i would just throw it in the back seats
Good suggestion. That's how I would do it, too.
      05-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
Vypurr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335Ci

I agree with the others, try to check it out in person. My bag fits easy with my wife's bag in the back seat when folded down & I put the windscreen on & it's very tidy. And you can get like a plane carry on type bag in the trunk, shoes can go in the foot well of the rear seats, etc. But I have some friends who's bags are larger than a mini cooper so it really depends on your gear. Oh and my clubs are about 1.5" extended.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
jrb
Rep
Drives: '98 M3, '06 550, '09 911S

Thanks for the responses.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

I thought that a golf bag was supposed to fit in the trunk and through the ski bag pass through with the top down ?!?!?!!? anyone try that ?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
xraymd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M2, 22 Lincoln Navigator

It's a lot easier to just throw the bag in the back seat.

The ski slot is really small. You have to deal with the fussy cover, or remove it, and then jam your bag through. When you get to the course, you have to plant a foot on that pretty bumper just to get enough force to remove the bag. Then fold up the cover or re-attach it.

OP - even if you have to leave the top up to get in your golf bags and suitcases, you can always put the top down once you reach your destination. You can't say the same about a coupe
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #12
Reif99
Rep
Drives: e93

Call me crazy, I never take my clubs out of my trunk, unless I'm using them or for a very specific and isolated event, then they go right back in, because I use them almost every day.

So no way to do that in the e93?
Appreciate 0