E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > end of warranty question

06-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
granadablanca
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, AP1

end of warranty question

Hi everyone,

My warranty is up in 10 days. I'm dropping the car off on Monday to have something looked at (start-off/brake/abs check control warning), and it occurred to me this is basically my last chance to have anything else addressed.

It's an E90 330i, fully loaded w/ step, 49K miles. Had the lifters fixed a few weeks back (hopefully that'll last), I've had never-ending frustrations with the startoff-assist-NIC-softstop-whatever-just-kill-me "feature", but I've given up on trying to fix that. It has a few other annoyances, but those have already all been deemed "unable to replicate" or "normal operation" by the dealer.

I did the trans fluid flush at 40K (paid for it, peace of mind, etc), oil & all other services are up to date. All accessories working properly. Tires are brand-new (went with non-RFT, w/ can of whoop-ass or whatever in the trunk...what a difference ).

Does anyone have any obvious suggestions? Anything I ought to have looked at, fixed, etc.? Appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
EHDEN
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [7.00]
get the extended warranty!!!
      06-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
granadablanca
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, AP1

Thanks, I know. That's a whole other issue.

I've wasted hours researching to find a reputable 3rd party warranty company, but all I find are horror stories. Not a single positive recommendation.

I've heard AAA offers a decent one, but not in California. I've also heard of WarrantyDirect, but some pretty scary stories with them.

My dealer offers one by EasyCare, but their finance department refuses to return my calls inquiring about it (left 5 messages in the past two weeks).

Evidently, BMW now offers their own as well, but that would also require talking to a dealer that does their job and has an ounce of customer service.

If you can actually recommend a specific warranty company, based on either hearsay or firsthand experience, I'm certainly all ears.

Thanks,
Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by granadablanca View Post
Hi everyone,

My warranty is up in 10 days. I'm dropping the car off on Monday to have something looked at (start-off/brake/abs check control warning), and it occurred to me this is basically my last chance to have anything else addressed.

It's an E90 330i, fully loaded w/ step, 49K miles. Had the lifters fixed a few weeks back (hopefully that'll last), I've had never-ending frustrations with the startoff-assist-NIC-softstop-whatever-just-kill-me "feature", but I've given up on trying to fix that. It has a few other annoyances, but those have already all been deemed "unable to replicate" or "normal operation" by the dealer.

I did the trans fluid flush at 40K (paid for it, peace of mind, etc), oil & all other services are up to date. All accessories working properly. Tires are brand-new (went with non-RFT, w/ can of whoop-ass or whatever in the trunk...what a difference ).

Does anyone have any obvious suggestions? Anything I ought to have looked at, fixed, etc.? Appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Dave
I have the same car and at about the same time in its life I had a rear bearing go bad and that caused ABS failure, FTM, DSC failures. It took a couple of visits for them to figure it out. A tech who posts on another board pm'd me and told me he was pretty sure that I had a bearing problem as he has seen several in 2006's. The key to my failure was it took prolonged driving at high speed to get it to occur. I insisted that the dealership send the data to BMW rather than saying they could not replicate and that is when the problem was found. I know of about 5 guys on here who have had the same issue and dealers could not find anything but once I shared my story they were able to get it fixed. On dumping the RFT's I agree, I did the same a year ago and never regretted it. Can't help with the extended warranty as they generally don't make great financial sense but pay off for some guys and hindsight is always 20/20.
Appreciate 0