2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Excited about new 5GT due Saturday: Question about Pirelli P-Zeroes

06-21-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Excited about new 5GT due Saturday: Question about Pirelli P-Zeroes

Expecting to collect my new F07 on Saturday and wanted to share my excitement. This car is not to everyone's taste, especially the looks, but my family loved the space, the pace when cruising on motorways, all the toys and the semi-command driving position. More so because the saloon just did not get us going....

So here is my spec:

Black Sapphire 5GT: 530d SE
Ivory White Dakota Leather and Black Trim/Oyster Headlining
Visibility Pack
Fineline Natural Wood Interior Trim Unlacquered
Media Professional Pack
Elec Front Seats with Memory
20" Alloys 316 Style on Pirelli P Zeros
Sports Steering Wheel

Car has all the options I would have ticked as standard
USB Interface, Extended Ambient Lighting, Folding Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated Seats, HDD Sat Nav, Bluetooth & Telematics

Big Question:
The Pirelli P-Zeros I am not familiar with.
What does the forum think of their performance?
I was surprised they were supplied as OEM kit.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I think the Pirelli's will provide you with excellent grip and road feel. This is my experience with the "non-runflat" versions. The only question I may have is about treadwear, as Pirelli's are notorious for short treadwear life, typically 10k-15K (often less depending on drving style) is the usual life span. You should be okay. Congrats on the delivery of your car - excellent choice!

BTW: My GT came with the Goodyear Excellence RFT's. They are not bad, and this is from someone who never considered Goodyear as a first choice.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

I'm waiting for the US to import the diesel version - they told me next calendar year. I'd be interested in your experiences as you get some miles on the thing, including real life economy. The 20" wheels will likely wear out faster than the stock 18". I've generally been happy with the Pirelli tires I've owned in the past, but have not used that model, so can't comment. I'm going to drive the 535 version tomorrow (I drove the 8-cylender version when it made it to the US in December) as a closer approximation of the power available from the 530d. The torque of the 530d and the low rpm on cruise should be a real treat on a long trip (which are more common in the USA for most).
Appreciate 0