BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Annual oil change

In the US, the maintenance/service for BMW includes an oil change every year even if the mileage does not generate an oil service requirement on the CBS (and this is covered by the included service on new cars).

Does anyone know if this is also true for Europe, that is the requirement for oil change annually regardless of mileage (I know service is not included for new BMWs). I have a separate service plan worldwide for BMW that covers all required services as logged by the car (CBS), but I don't see anything specifically about the annual oil change (for low mileage cars). I don't think the CBS will trigger this annual oil change even in the US (maybe someone can correct me on that?) (am also going to cross post to the service forum)

TIA
      07-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

no it doesn't go by time afaik. just mileage countdown. since you paid for the service i would think you would still get an annual even if under miles. they should also reset the counter after the service is done. back in the states I had a great dealer that did the yearly and didn't reset so i could get in an extra service during the year. i also changed the oil myself in between track days anyways. good luck! are you going to the bmw school at the ring this Aug?